Jack dempsey spawn question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My jacks spawned about 2 weeks ago. Then I think that the mom ate the fry. Then on sunday I notices there were new eggs in the tank. I was just wondering if that is ok or if I should do something? I heard that it was normal for them to spawn 5 to 6 times a year but twice in 3 weeks? Im just a little confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok thank you. and since they are spawning that means that I have the water perfect for them rrigjt?

Cichlid23 said:
Ok thank you. and since they are spawning that means that I have the water perfect for them rrigjt?

I'm thinking that's probably it..either that or your water's just right and making them want to spawn. I've heard that fish spawn when water peramiters are certain ways.

Yes and no. Spawning is a sign that fish are doing well, but sometimes fish in poor conditions will spawn.

So it's a good sign overall but not necessarily a requirement for them to breed.

One other quick question im getting a bigger tank in like a week would it be ok to put a texas cichlid in with my paired jds? Or would it be a death wish for the texas?

One other quick question im getting a bigger tank in like a week would it be ok to put a texas cichlid in with my paired jds? Or would it be a death wish for the texas?

Pair or no pair my money is on the Herichthys cyanoguttatus putting a hurting on both of them. With a large enough tank of 125g or more, specifically a 6ft tank then with enough breaks in the line of sight it may work.

Back
Top Bottom