Jag parasite #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GE75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Large fin tear present. Water change current. Temp mid spec 27.5C. The big fella is suffering....old age...there seems to be a domino effect of health probs starting to occur. Little fella is fit and healthy. I'd like to treat my tank as a whole problem with fin rot. I do have a medi vac tank for any situation. If a parasite effects 1 fish, shood I medicate the tank?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388146735.139880.jpg maybe not the best.... It's hard to get a good one...

The fin tear is visual and larger than the pik

If your other fish are eating fine and not showing any signs of disease, u don't have to treat the whole tank. I don't have a QT tank though so when I've had to treat for parasites, I've always treated the whole tank and haven't had any problems. Healthy fish still seemed healthy afterwards... I'd definitely treat your big male for the fin rot though since it doesn't appear that just doing the more frequent water changes is gonna cure it. Good luck with him, I hope my male jag can get to that size in the next year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom