Jason's 30g long planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407901211.157548.jpg
Here s another one. Just love the artistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow that looks incredible. I'll have to look at some and come up with some ideas.

I'm also unsure of what it will be able to grow with my set up? No co2 and 2.6 watts per gallon with the double t5ho

That's great thank you

UPDATE!

Over the last few days everything I ordered had come in!

Cleaned out the tank, added the eco complete, and filled it up! Love the look of the fine black substrate.

First question, is my substrate deep enough? I used 40lbs total, for a depth of about 1.75". This looks plenty deep to me but I have read that it should be closer to 3".

Set the new fluval C2 up, minor issue there, the tank trim on the top is a bit wide for the filter to sit all the way down. Wedged it on for now, plan on taking some tin snips and trimming it back just a touch so the filter fits properly. Seeded the new filter with a piece of filter materiel from the 10g.

Used a decent pinch of new life spectrum pellets to start cycle. I did want to use ammonia but haven't got around to getting any and wanted to get it going. Will test levels tomorrow!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408423130.757922.jpg

Moon lights

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408423148.607976.jpg

Dual life spectrum T5HO bulbs

You re on your way! Love watching builds, best of luck !

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410325121.330932.jpg

Picked up some driftwood and a couple of 'coffeefolia' plants today. Was going to get more but didn't like the look of the rest if the plants at the LFS.

More soon!

Fish from the old tank are in!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410325208.099343.jpg

Same. I don't really like the rock on the right though. Make sure you plan it to look natural by the end.

What other plants are you planning on?

Yeah I hear you. I had to keep something from the gfs old tank though and the rock was the most natural looking thing.

I'm hoping for some taller ones for the back, some sort of moss for the driftwood/rock, and a carpeting plant for the front.

Am open for suggestion, hoping for ones that can flourish with medium light and no co2. I'll get some flourish excel if needed.

Was thinking micro sword/ four leaf clover, ludwiga, water wisteria are some ideas I had

You could cover that rock in anubias.

Yeah that would work.

I think we found a better LFS with a way better selection of plants so going to check it out soon.

So we have a new stocking plan, wondering what you guys think.

Current:

4 neon tetras
5 glowlight tetras
3 kuhli loaches
2 amano shrimp

Proposed:

8 neon tetras
5 glowlight tetras
5 kuhli loaches ( hoping to see them more)
2 amano shrimp

2-3 pearl gourami
2 GBR

I want to introduce the added neons and kuhlis first and let the tank settle.
Then hopefully get the gouramis. I'm super unsure of being able to have GBR with this stock list, I've seen people on both sides of the fence as to whether they can be with tetras. What do you think? If possible I see that addition 6 months down the road when the tank is well established

Back
Top Bottom