Java fern is fuzzy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My java fern has a small bunches of white kinda algae type things all along the leaves. I'm not sure if it is algae. A couple of snails have it on there shells but my camera can't catch there tininess. maybe it's staghorn algae? Also should I be worried about the snails?

Attachments

• image-1859116120.jpg
    image-1859116120.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 127
Could be either hair algae or brush algae. Doesn't look like staghorn yet.

Snails are controllable with regulated feeding and the popular lettuce method, but are pretty unavoidable in a planted tank.

I'm meant the snails have the grayish fuzziness that borders the java fern on there shells. I'm pretty familiar with brush algae when I first started my tank and I'm not thinking it's this stuff. I think I remember reading that java fern sends spore type things when there environment allows. Any thoughts?

Has anyone had this fuzzy type stuff on snails? I've had it on java fern and it went away but it's the first time I've had it on snails?

I've seen something similar, but it's usually only around the base of my bulbed plants. It usually clears up in a few days though.

Back
Top Bottom