Java Fern on a piece of driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a piece of Mopani and a small Java fern plant. How can I make it grow into the wood? Right now I just weighted it down with a few pebbles and tried to hide roots as much possible with some gravel, although most of it fell back to the bottom. Is it enough? Can I hope that it will eventually grow in it?

You can rubber band it to it or tie it to it with a string and then in a few weeks you can remove it and it should be attached

tarpon said:
You can rubber band it to it or tie it to it with a string and then in a few weeks you can remove it and it should be attached

rubber band? you're kidding, right? isn't that toxic to fish? and what kinda string you're talking about? something like fishing-line? because a normal thread would probably rot in a couple of weeks I guess...

.....its just rubber? Suction cups on thermometers and heaters are rubber?
And idk about the string rotting

I just shoved the plants bottom into a crack and hopefully it stayed and thats where it lives. I cant even pull it off. So try and find a crack it works well and you dont get the bad look of the rubber band though that method does work too.

Jason7894561230 said:
If you use the rusted stuff thats bad for the fish the metals will get into the tank, fishing or twine works well. The twine will rot and it will be connected by the time it does :)

That's exactly what I was hinting at. Copper isn't good, especially if you ever want to keep shrimp

Back
Top Bottom