java fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
some of my java fern r turning brown, dont know whats making it turn brown. i have enough light, 6 hrs a day of light, a co2. i dose 0.5ML of iron everytime i do water change and also dose it with excel.

maybe im using to much stuff?

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 87
Older leaves on my java fern do the same. Definitely not something "on" the leaf, it's a collection of brown/black spots that go through the whole depth of the leaf and get larger until the point the entire leaf dies & falls off.

I'm guessing some sort of nutrient deficiency but I'm really not sure what. It seems every java fern I have ever had eventually has this happen.

Have the same problem. Since it is a slow growing plant, I am thinking it might be not too little but to much of something. Like too much iron = iron deposits.

i have some tie to MDW also its in my BW tank and its also turning brown.
Java Fern should be fine in BW tank.

I have the same problem with the leaves getting black spots all over them. After having the java fern for 2 months it finally started to grow. The leaves all have black spots but they are not turning brown or dying off. Really weird.

This is normal. The leaves will develop these spots and die off... eventually after a few months, if conditions are right, the ferns will explode with new growth. Just trim the leaves as they become excessively ugly, and make room for the new growth.

Back
Top Bottom