Java Moss help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Faame

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I recently bought java moss and i'd like to know a little bit more about it because I keep getting mixed opinions on it.

first of i'd like to know if my water is suitable.

Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 20 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
GH - 300 ppm
KH - 300 ppm
PH - 7.5

I'd also like to know any tips on growth any if there are any ways to speed up growth. Will adding light help?

all water is fine for java moss.its invicible. i have some growing in my filter.

Your Java moss

Hello Faame...

Java moss is pretty adaptable. Just attach it to something hard and porous, like drift or bogwood or lava rock with something like sewing thread. I like to use dark sewing thread. Thread eventually rots and disappears. By that time, the moss is firmly established.

I have Singapore moss in some of my low light, low tech tanks and as far as I know it has no special maintenance requirements. I do dose a couple of different liquid ferts two to three times a week and that's it.

B

Hello Faame...

Java moss is pretty adaptable. Just attach it to something hard and porous, like drift or bogwood or lava rock with something like sewing thread. I like to use dark sewing thread. Thread eventually rots and disappears. By that time, the moss is firmly established.

I have Singapore moss in some of my low light, low tech tanks and as far as I know it has no special maintenance requirements. I do dose a couple of different liquid ferts two to three times a week and that's it.

B

Thank you for the advice, I currently have it on driftwood and just under my gravel.

Mine looks brown! I thought it was supposed to really take off?

I agree with the attaching to the wood part, when I first got my java moss I though it would never grow, it was in a plant pot in my tank for a few months. Then I attached it to my piece of wood geez it spread like a wild fire. Within a month or so I was able to take the thread off as the moss was firmly attached!

Back
Top Bottom