Java moss help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markusroberts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Be had my new tank for just over a month now I've got different plants in the tank all growing well apart from my java moss it hasn't grown at all

I use root tabs and liquid fertiliser it's a non co2 ATM thinking of getting co2 in the future

Could anyone give me any advice?

Java moss doesn't need co2 to grow and will grow in low-medium lights. It does take a bit of time to take off, but will eventually grow like crazy. How do you have it in the tank (attached to driftwood, etc)?

So how long do you recon it will take to start growing like crazy?

It depends on temperature, lighting and water parameters. The first thing it is doing is putting rhizomes onto your rock. I assume you have it tied on with thread or fishline? In a few more weeks you should see it put out new bright green growth. I have it in my 10 g quarantine tank on a clay pot--helps keep water parameter good in there, plus my planted 20 g and 55 g tanks. It always seems to start out slow, then suddenly you'll have to trim it. When you do trim, I recommend you turn off your filter, powerhead, air stones. It tends to float all over when you trim it--unless you want it growing all over your tank!

Back
Top Bottom