Java moss on sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im getting java moss plant tonight but i want to know how can i put it on the sand the pet store told me that throw it on the sand and it will attach??

Use fishing line or cotton thread and tie it to stones is the easiest way. It will eventually grow over and hide the stone and thread

just one more question my tank it's still new and doesnt have any fish in it or any kind of ammonia in it i only have plant food under the sand...and im gonna tie it tonight to the driftwood so do i need anything else? :/ to make it grow?

just one more question my tank it's still new and doesnt have any fish in it or any kind of ammonia in it i only have plant food under the sand...and im gonna tie it tonight to the driftwood so do i need anything else? :/ to make it grow?

You should really add an ammonia source to start this tank cycling otherwise it will take longer until its ready for fish.

Java moss really doesn't need anything other than light but seachem excel as a liquid carbon will help (dosage on bottle)

Also seachem comprehensive should supply the moss with what it needs

I will start tomorrow with fish food flake that i were using for my goldfish but should i get the seachem? if i didn't get it it wont grow?

I will start tomorrow with fish food flake that i were using for my goldfish but should i get the seachem? if i didn't get it it wont grow?

Put the fish food in a media bag so its easier to remove once its started to rot and your finished with it.

I believe java moss to be one of the easiest plants to grow so yes i think you'll probably be ok with just light

Back
Top Bottom