Java wall help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a java wall that's been set up for like 2 weeks or so its not looking good any advice... Fyi when u hit the wall there is lots of stuff on it will that be causing it to grow slower... Should I get shrimp to clean the moss off .... Help please

Agreed to the outflow, java moss loves flowing water. Java moss is a slow grower believe it or not. Fertilizers, light, and co2 will all help it grow

shadowstars123 said:
Agreed to the outflow, java moss loves flowing water. Java moss is a slow grower believe it or not. Fertilizers, light, and co2 will all help it grow

I have good lighting and fert that's why I'm getting aggravated.... It looks dirty will that affect it growing

jetajockey said:
I have java moss in several tanks, and the only tank that it stays crystal clean in is in my shrimp tank.

I think that's what I want to do there is a gap behind the wall I think I'm going to get rcs and hope they live behind the wall and clean my moss cause if they go out they might get eaten

xfactor6699 said:
I have good lighting and fert that's why I'm getting aggravated.... It looks dirty will that affect it growing

Ferts aren't very effective without co2, try making a diy co2 system

Coleallensmom said:
Not true.

There are many low-light plants that benefit from fertilizer but can thrive with or without CO2.

You do not need for CO2 to grow Java Moss.

I fert with flourish and starting next week I'm going to add excel to the mix

Coleallensmom said:
Not true.

There are many low-light plants that benefit from fertilizer but can thrive with or without CO2.

You do not need for CO2 to grow Java Moss.

I never said they won't benefit, all plants benefit from ferts. I said it's not very effective, meaning there won't be a great jump in growth. With co2 and ferts, you might see an increase in growth, but it's definitely larger than with ferts only. I have java moss growing as well, and without co2 and low lighting, I see no noticeable difference between with or without ferts. It'd be a waste using ferts.

Back
Top Bottom