Jawfish & Cardinals not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heather jk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I brought home a jawfish and 3 cardinals 1 week ago. The jawfish stays put in his "cave" and the cardinal fish never move or attempt to eat. I have added a garlic soak with rods food before feeding time, the jawfish seems like he wants to eat, but when he sees the yellow tang, he will not venture out. The cardinals don't move much at all, but the one that has been seen trying to somewhat eat, will just spit it out anyway? Any ideas?:confused:

Try something different. Try some frozen mysis shrimp or a different type flake. Also what is your water test results. It could be less than optimal water in there. BTW welcome to AA

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. My water is perfect, I even had my lfs check to make sure as well. I bought some live brine shrimp yesterday, it helped alot!! The jawfish and 1 of the cardinals ate like crazy, but no help for the other 2 cardinals.

The only problem with Brine is that it is not very nutritious for fish. I would compare it to us sitting down for supper to a plate full of twinkies. I use a frozen vitamin fortified brine and frozen Mysis which is much better than plain brine. Hopefully all will work out.

The only problem with Brine is that it is not very nutritious for fish. I would compare it to us sitting down for supper to a plate full of twinkies. I use a frozen vitamin fortified brine and frozen Mysis which is much better than plain brine. Hopefully all will work out.

I use the same thing. A mixture of the vitamin fortified brine and frozen mysis. My cardinals and my Copper Banded Butterfly go nuts as soon as it hits the water.

Back
Top Bottom