JBJ Formosa Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have experience with the Formosa Deluxe PC strips. I liked the fact that I could get 192 watts for my 46 gallon (4 watts/gallon) that I am converting to saltwater. The three cooling fans and the seperate switches to allow dawn/dusk control is a pull. At a little over $200, seems like a good deal, if it is a decent product. Any response would be helpful.

That is the unit I have. Get ready for a LOT of noise. After about a month of running, the fans get REALLY loud! I opened up the unit, and disconnected the wiring to the fans. Just too much noise.

Unit never gets too hot, and doesn't transfer any additional heat to the water. I don't know why they put three fans on there. I got the 24" Deluxe model, not sure if the fan is required on the bigger ones, but it is NOT needed on the 24" one.

Todd

I also have the jbj lights. The fans can run a little loud but mine only do it during startup. Even then a little 3 in 1 or wd-40 put directly on the back of the fan and dried before placing back on the aquarium took most of the noise away. Overall I am more than happy with my lights and the dusk feature is great!!!! Good luck with the tank!

Back
Top Bottom