JBJ vs Milwaukee Regulators/Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmoney87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, Im still up in arms about my co2 setup, Ive done my research but I would like your opinion on this matter. What are your experiences with the JBJ brand vs the Milwaukee brand of regulators for co2 tanks?

thanks in advance,

davE

I have two Milwaukee MA957 regulators. I chose Milwaukee over JBJ because it seems like more people here had Milwaukee and thus more help and advice would be available about them!

I have had no problems with the first regulator, and while I wouldn't say I had big problems with the second one, I did have to call Milwaukee when I couldn't get a steady bubble rate. They sent me a new needle valve to replace the original one. Their customer service is excellent.

I have two Milwaukee MA957 regulators. I chose Milwaukee over JBJ because it seems like more people here had Milwaukee and thus more help and advice would be available about them!

I have had no problems with the first regulator, and while I wouldn't say I had big problems with the second one, I did have to call Milwaukee when I couldn't get a steady bubble rate. They sent me a new needle valve to replace the original one. Their customer service is excellent.

I wanted to get that "best regulator in the world" by AP.com but w.e im not spending over 200$ for a regulator. Milwaukee it is. Plus ill be getting the Milwaukee pH controller too so just seems to make sence. Thanks

davE

I have the Milwaukee pH controller too. I do like the whole system. Once I got my bubble rate set and the pH controller set (I did have to adjust them for a few days) then it's basically "set it and forget it". It's been very reliable.

I wanted to get that "best regulator in the world" by AP.com but w.e im not spending over 200$ for a regulator.

Actually from what I've heard, that particular regulator has been very problematic for the few members of this forum that gave it a try. Much fewer problems reported with the Milwaukees, especially when you consider how many more are using the brand.

I'd go with the Milwaukee brand. Are you talking about aquariumplants.com? If so save your money and go elsewhere. I've given them enough money and the plants they sent me both times were small portions, damaged upon arrival and embarrassing IMO for what I paid. I gave them two chances and they lost my business. Their customer service is inadequate. My first order didn't ship on time though it said it was shipped and a tracking number was provided and everything. I stayed home from work to receive the package that never came. They eventually sent me the plants, half of which died within a week and were full of snails. My second order was mainly stem plants. Bunches were small portions, one banana plant had a single leaf that was half dead, others were folded over to fit in the envelope and the stems were ruined because of that, plants not colored up as shown in photos (that's no big deal though), etc. I actually sent them an email to enquire about my order the second time. I ordered on Sunday and they shipped out on Wednesday. I emailed on Tuesday and got a reply. I sent an email back replying that I'd like to cancel my order...no reply. I received my package and emailed them that I was unhappy and that what they sent was embarrassing...no reply. Do me a favor and don't give that company your money.

I'd go with the Milwaukee brand. Are you talking about aquariumplants.com? If so save your money and go elsewhere. I've given them enough money and the plants they sent me both times were small portions, damaged upon arrival and embarrassing IMO for what I paid. I gave them two chances and they lost my business. Their customer service is inadequate. My first order didn't ship on time though it said it was shipped and a tracking number was provided and everything. I stayed home from work to receive the package that never came. They eventually sent me the plants, half of which died within a week and were full of snails. My second order was mainly stem plants. Bunches were small portions, one banana plant had a single leaf that was half dead, others were folded over to fit in the envelope and the stems were ruined because of that, plants not colored up as shown in photos (that's no big deal though), etc. I actually sent them an email to enquire about my order the second time. I ordered on Sunday and they shipped out on Wednesday. I emailed on Tuesday and got a reply. I sent an email back replying that I'd like to cancel my order...no reply. I received my package and emailed them that I was unhappy and that what they sent was embarrassing...no reply. Do me a favor and don't give that company your money.

Oh snap! wow ok thanks thats actually really good to know. ****. but I already spent like 40 bux on em for some of those total ferts.. 10.99 or w.e for 75 things? seemed fair.. considering API tabs are 29.99 for 40. but yeah now that i read that I wouldent have even bothered but thanks again because I was thinking about getting some plants from them.. and I live in Canada.. thanks for the word up oh and on a side note kinda I plan to purchase the milwaukee reg, ph controlla, etc from www.Co2-Canisters.com .. or EBay (cant get milwaukee regs or anything from big als so thats really my only two options.

-davE

Back
Top Bottom