Jbl aquaex 20-45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

normal9

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. This is the first time I've posted in a fishy forum :D.

Basically I've been using a manual syphon to clean my tropical fish tank (48 litre) for a few months and its been hard getting all the crap from under the gravel.

I bought the JBL aquaex gravel cleaner and it came today. I used it straight away and have to say half my tank looks so clean and lovely, I didn't have time to clean the other half as the aquaex had siphoned the water out too quickly. 50% in about 3 minutes :(

My question is, how can I slow the water down so I have time to clean my whole tank?

Thanks for reading

Turn your water down on the sink until you get to a decent steady speed. It'll take some testing to figure out which is the best speed, but it'll work we'll for you

Thanks for your reply. I'll try it again this weekend.fingers crossed. Also do you know how long to keep aquarium lights on? I'm stuck with green water ( might be the bogwood causing it tho)

That's a general question so you'll get a general answer. Generally you don't want to keep it on longer then 8-10 hours a day, otherwise you'll have algae problems like you're having now. You might want to invest in a UV sterilizer, it'll clear that problem right up.

Back
Top Bottom