JEBO 60g, All-in-one: any opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kid capri

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody.

I have a brackish 55g tank. It and it's accompanying eheim filter are 15+ years old. We're moving to a house so I figure it's time to get a new tank. The current tank gets salt creep all over the lid, I'm hoping some of this is due to the age of the tank....

anyway - we found a JEBO 60g tank with everything for $400. It looks really nice... it seems solidly built so hopefully salt creep would be less of an issue.....but the low price gives me pause.

You get what you pay for right? I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these all-in-one hood setups. I am not in any way a tinkerer. I just have an assortment of puffers and monos and archers and scats and they all have lived quite happily in this old tank for years... even though I neglect them so! So doing mods isn't really something to worry about.

anyway - if it works it works - it would be great - as changing the filter would take only a few moments. As it is now, water goes all over the place and it's just a mess.... so my poor fish rarely get a proper water change (and like I said, they've all lived loooooong lives... some of which I attribute to not screwing around with their water often)...

Well I just blab and blab... any advice appreciated. I do LOVE my brackish tank. We used to have eels. A moray and a snowflak eel. It was the coolest tank ever.... but when they each passed we couldn't bear to get any more - they're like little puppy dogs! .... :(

well thanks for surviving my awful first post.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Wow, I've honestly never seen Jebo tanks. I just looked them up but their website doesn't seem to have a lot of info about their setups so I can't be of much help.

I'm curious what kinds of puffers you have though. I'm surprised they get along so well with all of those other fish.

hey.

we have three green spotted puffers. I've lost track, but we must have had them 4+ years.

now before these we had a string of puffers (green spotted and figure eights) that all got sick and died.

it's odd, but all the fish just seem to know what is FOOD and what is FRIEND. our puffers are never mean to the other fish, but we could drop some goldfish into the tank, bigger than they are, and it will look like "saving private ryan" in no time... it's gruesome!

one problem though is that one of our little guys beaks has overgrown. He has trouble eating now. He was never one for snails and it just got out of hand... but I quarantine him off a couple times a week so he can take the time he needs to properly fill his tummy.

anyway - our eels would every now and then be tempted by the delicious chubbiness of the puffers! ... so that can be a bit stressful to watch the eel come up like a snake, ready to strike at the puffer...

but our current setup:

3 monos
2 silver scats
2 archer fish
3 green spotted puffers

has no strife at all. if anyone is mean, it's the younger archer fish to the older one ... but it's nothing worrisome or unusual.

one of the neatest fish we ever had was a flounder. sadly, for whatever reason, little flounder set off the FOOD alarm in all the other fish.

man I gotta tone it down - my posts are way too long! I apologize.

kid capri,

Couple things:

your posts are NOt too long, the more info we have, the better anwers you get. :)

We have some puffer experts around here, some of them could even tell you the procedure for fixing up your puff w/the overgrown beak. Supposedly not too hard, but I don't know how.

And finally, I know nothing about the JEBO tanks! :roll: Sorry, just wanted to say the other things. good luck with everything.

corvuscorax said:
kid capri,
We have some puffer experts around here, some of them could even tell you the procedure for fixing up your puff w/the overgrown beak. Supposedly not too hard, but I don't know how.

Yeah, I believe all it takes is some clove oil and nail clippers :)

that's great (if not terrifying) news. I'll have to give it a go though. Can you imagine though? Nail clippers! .... 8O

now if only someone had experience with these odd ball JEBO tanks!

Well, first of all, i read your post and it wasnt to long! Second I bought a JEBO skimmer and besides it being a littel to big for my application it seemed to work great!! The only overall complaint that i would have is that everything i got from box to any papers included was in chinese!!! It wasnt any big deal since I knew how to set it up but keep it in mind. besides that I really dont know too much about them but i was happy with my purchase so hopefully you will be too!! Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom