JLK Wen Trim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank120

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sight impaired fish don't eat plants. Midge started exhibiting symptoms of a physical swim bladder defect. He was constantly on his nose or stuck in plants. Bubbles always stays in the clear swim column. I started spending my days nudging Midge out of plants etc. I kept a quarantine rank by the 55 so I could Gladware him when needed. I would also only feed him for a couple of days to clean him out just to make sure he wasn't constipated. I never see my fish's poop. If I do they aren't getting enough vegetables. After a couple of days I would put Midge back on the planted 55 with Bubbles and we would start all over. Bubbles is totally blind from the GBD and would be depressed when Midge was in quarantine. He would just lye on the bottom without physical stimulation.

I thought Midge had developed a physical swim bladder disorder because when c I moved him to quarantine with lower water pressure, he was instantly fine.

I finally bought him a 30 and put him by himself. He is totally fine but Bubbles is depressed and lyes on the bottom (no one tell can tell me that fish don't need physical and mental stimulation). Midge I'd doing great but after transferring, I was totally wrong. I started to quickly realize that once Midge was in a environment that was void of most obstacles, he was totally fine. The water pressure didn't matter. I started looking at his Wen and 1 eye compared to his brother and realized that his Wen is so beautiful that it has covered his only good eye to 1/4". His brother's eyes are totally prominent with even a nice Wen. I know his Wen needs to be trimmed so I can move him back to the 55 with Bubbles. I would not be nervous if it weren't for the fact that he only has one good eye. I don't want to make him blind. He is extremely laid back and used to handling. I do have Clove oil on hand as a sedative. I am scared as heck of trimming Wen around the eye. I am scared I will make him blind since he only has one eye. I am on disability and my husband just retired early. I can't afford an exotic vet.

I know the Wen doesn't have nerve endings but I am scared to death to injure his good eye.

I have Clove oil but fon't have a clue about how to trim, what kind of scissors to use and how to trim around the eye.

I need to get Midge back into the 55 with Bubbles. After a year with GBD, vitreous fluid has started to leak into his left eye and I expect it to pop soon. He needs Midge to be with him to be happy. I can't have Midge constantly entrapped by plants and I can't get unless a new tank mate because a visually healthy fish will devour my beautiful and healthy plants.

Please instruct me on how to properly do this procedure so Bubbles can have his friend back.1427572037088.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On phone. Sorry for spell checker errors. Also trying to upload pictures of Bubs (brother) and Bubbles.

Picture of Bubs

Dang phone needs attachment. I will post other photos via tab.

Back
Top Bottom