Joe's new 72 gallon bowfront cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisherjoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

Well I was bitten by the cichlid bug awhile back after I was given a breeding group of dragonblood peacocks. I have been successful at breeding and rearing the fry and have had many many broods of them. I have included a picture of my male.

So here I am, setting up a 72 gallon cichlid tank!

I was hoping to get some opinions on the rock work and I am open to suggestions as to the layout of the tank.

I will update as I tweak the rocks, add water, and eventually fish.

What does everyone think so far?

Attachments

• image-1072664681.jpg
    image-1072664681.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image-1991956652.jpg
    image-1991956652.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 124
I like the sand, If it were me I'd do something different with the scape but that's just me being honest. Also... There diggers so I'd be careful that they don't cause your rocks to come down when they start making holes in the sand.

Those stones look like there just laying right on the top of your substrate which may cause a problem. I always recommend doing the scape first then adding the sand to help avoid any incidents.

I think it looks great. Could you 'glue' the rocks together with aquarium silicone to stabilize them? Put up a pic when it s done pleeze!

Back
Top Bottom