Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have those power heads but I don't see why you couldn't use them. I have two 750gph hydor koralias in mine as well as two 250 aqueons. I have a 55 as well. Great flow with the skimmer as well as the overflow and return. I have a little bit of a hard time finding spots to put corals that need lower flow like mushrooms or my bubble coral.

I don't have those power heads but I don't see why you couldn't use them. I have two 750gph hydor koralias in mine as well as two 250 aqueons. I have a 55 as well. Great flow with the skimmer as well as the overflow and return. I have a little bit of a hard time finding spots to put corals that need lower flow like mushrooms or my bubble coral.

Thanks Tom! I think i'm going to just get the 800 gph wavemaker for now and move the one put of my nano for a little while. I'm having to buy things kind of slowly because of my budget and the stupid speeding ticket I have to pay. Lol. Do you think a 20 gallon tall could work as a sump? I don't think my stand will allow a 20 gallon long

Unless someone can help me figure out how to make a DIY magnet. I would prefer having the 2 powerheads. It's a better deal. Lol.

I have a 10 gallon only because a 20 long wouldnt fit through my doors. I don't see why it would be an issue

I have a 10 gallon only because a 20 long wouldnt fit through my doors. I don't see why it would be an issue

Cool. Thanks. I already have a 10 gallon nano that I'm wanting to move everything out of into the 55. That may be my best option?

Chromis look good I've got few(11) in my 75 mixed reef although they aren't the prettiest fish in all the sea I love how the swim in groups I have a lot of them because then no matter how much I spoil my other fish there is no food left over. I also love the neon blue mask they have on some parts of the face I feed mine mainly PE Mysis and high quality spirulina algae enhanced brine shrimp. When ever I walk up to the tank they (and the rest of the fish) swarm around me an beg for food. They're are great first editions to any tank because of how hardy they are.well good luck!

Chromis look good I've got few(11) in my 75 mixed reef although they aren't the prettiest fish in all the sea I love how the swim in groups I have a lot of them because then no matter how much I spoil my other fish there is no food left over. I also love the neon blue mask they have on some parts of the face I feed mine mainly PE Mysis and high quality spirulina algae enhanced brine shrimp. When ever I walk up to the tank they (and the rest of the fish) swarm around me an beg for food. They're are great first editions to any tank because of how hardy they are.well good luck!

Thank you! I actually justcame home to one dead, another losing it's color, and the 3rd looks fine. :( I'm really sad

That's a bummer it's probably just because your tanks kind of new hope you LFS let's you get a refund so can buy more I wouldn't worry too much check your ammonia levels.

That's a bummer it's probably just because your tanks kind of new hope you LFS let's you get a refund so can buy more I wouldn't worry too much check your ammonia levels.

Alright. Thanks. I sure hope so. I hope I didn't introduce a disease with my 1st fish. I will check my ammonia levels today. I'm unable to do a water change, as I'm pretty much snowed in.

Yeah that's what I did. I removed everything out of my 10g and put it in my 55 when it was done cycling

At least I have SOME sort of Eco system going on. :p lol.

img_2357478_0_3c212a3c890c527b4afb5ccc68c6978c.jpg

My only option on a water change is moving everything over from my 10 gallon and using that water to do a change. Levels in the nano are:
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 10 ppm

Nooooo bad idea don't sweat the nitrite or nitrate yet because you do not have any corals yet. Best thing today is to just wait it out. Moving water and critters from your 10 gallon will only cause microscopic die off thereby raising all the nutrients involved in the nitrogen cycle I know it can be tempting to move fish over but trust me it's gonna be best just to wait it out. See if your Lfs (as soon as you can get there) has any microbacter7 by brightwell this should speed up the process and yes do some water changes as son as possible.

Nooooo bad idea don't sweat the nitrite or nitrate yet because you do not have any corals yet. Best thing today is to just wait it out. Moving water and critters from your 10 gallon will only cause microscopic die off thereby raising all the nutrients involved in the nitrogen cycle I know it can be tempting to move fish over but trust me it's gonna be best just to wait it out. See if your Lfs (as soon as you can get there) has any microbacter7 by brightwell this should speed up the process and yes do some water changes as son as possible.

Awesome. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom