Juddering/vibrating magnetic cleaners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SquishyPenguin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!
So I have two brands of magnetic cleaner, one is a magfloat and the other I think Is Marina or just store brand.
It sounds stupid as hell, but I have no idea if I'm using them right! :oops:

Both of my magnetic cleaners judder along the glass. It's awful. Its loud and rattles the tank and I'm sure it scares the daylights out of my fish - I certainly don't like it and I'm not the one in the tank!

Is there a way I can stop this from happening? Am I using them too fast, too slow? I know I'm using them the right ways around at least :)

Hi all!
So I have two brands of magnetic cleaner, one is a magfloat and the other I think Is Marina or just store brand.
It sounds stupid as hell, but I have no idea if I'm using them right! :oops:

Both of my magnetic cleaners judder along the glass. It's awful. Its loud and rattles the tank and I'm sure it scares the daylights out of my fish - I certainly don't like it and I'm not the one in the tank!

Is there a way I can stop this from happening? Am I using them too fast, too slow? I know I'm using them the right ways around at least :)

That's just how they work ;) at least everyone I've owned did that.

I tossed all mine in the trash, all the ever do it pick up the smallest piece of gravel/sand without you knowing it and then blablamo! you leave a knarly scratch across the front of your tank, taunting you every time you look. Just my experience anyway.

100% of the time mine does this to. Maybe its how they are designed so that it 'scrubs' the algae off...

And yes went they pick up gravel it sucks!

Only way I can get it to work without bouncing around is if I use a circular motion.

100% of the time mine does this to. Maybe its how they are designed so that it 'scrubs' the algae off...

And yes went they pick up gravel it sucks!

Only way I can get it to work without bouncing around is if I use a circular motion.

That's just how they work ;) at least everyone I've owned did that.

I tossed all mine in the trash, all the ever do it pick up the smallest piece of gravel/sand without you knowing it and then blablamo! you leave a knarly scratch across the front of your tank, taunting you every time you look. Just my experience anyway.

Boy what a huge inconvenience! I'd rather get my hands wet than freak out my fish or scratch up my glass :/ I do have one thats not magnetic hanging around so I might switch to that..thanks guys!

I try to do a circular motion whenever possible. I try to not let the algae sit there too long otherwise it is almost impossible to remove.
I stay away from the substrate though for the reasons mentioned above. In that case, I use an old credit card to scape at and below the substrate line.

they make different magnet floats for different glass thicknesses are you sure you got the right one , the cheap no name floats you find at wally world are useless.

Back
Top Bottom