Julii Cory Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mxg5299

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got 3 Julii Cory Cats and one died this morning after 1 day. He never moved much, and neither does the other. The third is very active and swimming on the bottom all day. Why did my first die, and why do my remaining two act so differently?

we need much more infor to help you

water parameters

tank size and how long its been running

tank mates and their diet

things like that

It's a 36 gallon with:
1 rainbow shark
2 dwarf gouramis
3 Denison barbs
8 glolight tetras

Water parameters? Last water change? How did you acclimate them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water is fine, nitrates a bit high, last water change was 2 weeks ago. Due for another soon. The remaining two seem perfectly healthy now. I floated all 3 for about 20 minutes as I do with all my freshwater fish

Just floating them only equalizes temperature and not actual water parameters. You are supposed to slowly add your own water to the bag to acclimatize the fish to your PH, and other parameters. They could have gotten PH shock and died.

Just floating them only equalizes temperature and not actual water parameters. You are supposed to slowly add your own water to the bag to acclimatize the fish to your PH, and other parameters. They could have gotten PH shock and died.

Agreed. And PWC weekly.

Back
Top Bottom