Just a growth or someting else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sfrugrats31

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
Have a white tetra, dunno what kind. A couple weeks after I got it started growing this on the side of his mouth. Didn't seem to bother it, then the other side started to grow a little bit. Hasn't gotten bigger in the last few weeks, eating like a pig and none of my other neon tetras are affected. Just like an opinion if they just "grow" things.. Newbie fish owner. Thanks!

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Tetra with growth on mouth
2~What are your tank parameters -Yeah, dunno
3~ How large is the tank? 5 gallons How long has the tank been set up? three months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Tetra PF10
5~How many fish are in the tank? 5 What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 3 neon tetras, one sucker kindof fish and the bigger white tetra
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? Not often
7~How long have you had the fish? 2 months
8~Have you added anything new to the tank- no
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? tropical fish food. no

:thanks:

Attachments

• IMAG0779.jpg
    IMAG0779.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 45
It could be a fungus. In the picture it's not very clear. Could you send another one? Also, if you can, add more neons. If you don't mind, you could get rid of the white one, and add more tetras. Don't read this as mean offensive, it's just that neons would be happier with 5 or 6 of them.

Other pictures

Hope this is a little more clear. If this one crumps I'll get other little ones.. but they all seem to get along really well at this point.

Attachments

• IMAG0782.jpg
    IMAG0782.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 43
Hi all,
Have a white tetra, dunno what kind. A couple weeks after I got it started growing this on the side of his mouth. Didn't seem to bother it, then the other side started to grow a little bit. Hasn't gotten bigger in the last few weeks, eating like a pig and none of my other neon tetras are affected. Just like an opinion if they just "grow" things.. Newbie fish owner. Thanks!

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Tetra with growth on mouth
2~What are your tank parameters -Yeah, dunno
3~ How large is the tank? 5 gallons How long has the tank been set up? three months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Tetra PF10
5~How many fish are in the tank? 5 What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 3 neon tetras, one sucker kindof fish and the bigger white tetra
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? Not often
7~How long have you had the fish? 2 months
8~Have you added anything new to the tank- no
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? tropical fish food. no

:thanks:

It looks kind of like cotton mouth, a fungal infection. You should probably invest in a liquid water test kit and also increase your water changes.

I ask a million questions on this site and everyone wants to know your readings.

I am not sure if it is fungal - like I said, I ask a million questions, and as my screen name suggests, I still consider myself a newbie after having an aquarium for two years.

Back
Top Bottom