Just acquired a 65 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bekershpd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone suggest an adequate filter?

I currently have 6 Glofish Tetras that will be happily upgrading to the new tank (once it's cycled, of course). Can anyone suggest some colorful new tank mates for them? I am thinking about getting some Glofish tiger barbs, but I would be open to other compatible species.

I highly suggest a planted tank, low light &low tech can greatly benefit both fish and fishkeeper.

If going with hob filters I suggest Aquaclears, wouldn't have anything else because of their versatility, large media capacity and ease of maintenance. Also very reliable have had trouble with aqueon and biowheels lasting, although replaced under warranty it's still a pain to replace. Never had an Aquaclear quit.

If you're going with a canister the only experience I've had is with a Fluval fx5, but was very satisfied and like the looks of their whole line.

Consider corycats and snails, can be fun and beneficial to a tank.

Hope this helps, just look around for fish you like, then research their needs and care to insure they're all compatible.
Lots of cool fish out there.

A couple of good threads on here currently about the Fluval C series and I may try one of those out too.

Back
Top Bottom