Just bought a Nuvo 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well after starting my Biocube 29 a few months ago, I went an ordered an Innovative marine Nano 16. I love these tanks. The saltwater bug has really taken over!

It does that to ya! I got a 35 gallon for Christmas, I am already planning my next tank. But I'm going bigger, 120g. It's such an amazing hobby!

I have the nuvo 30 and am super happy with it. Intank makes nice media baskets that fit perfectly in the back. Also Innovative Marine makes a media reactor nano that fits back there too. Yes this hobby is addicting!

I too have the BC29... That being said.

Hope you have better luck then I did. I have he 8 gallon in white. Flow was horrible, pump was horrible, I upgraded the pump and still wasn't happy.

The lights are support pretty much nothing but the bare minimum beginner corals.

Also I had 2 break during shipping the 3rd one was a charm. Should have took it as a sign. That spin outtake thing.... Yeah... Worked for about 2 days, always got stuck.

Evaporation was a HUGE issue, the blues are way way too bright IMO for moonlights so lights out is well... Lights out. Again this is just my experience. I probably would have been happier with a larger tank and maybe not an IM tank.

It's empty now at the firehouse....

Good luck! Pics when it's all setup!

I too have the BC29... That being said.

Hope you have better luck then I did. I have he 8 gallon in white. Flow was horrible, pump was horrible, I upgraded the pump and still wasn't happy.

The lights are support pretty much nothing but the bare minimum beginner corals.

Also I had 2 break during shipping the 3rd one was a charm. Should have took it as a sign. That spin outtake thing.... Yeah... Worked for about 2 days, always got stuck.

Evaporation was a HUGE issue, the blues are way way too bright IMO for moonlights so lights out is well... Lights out. Again this is just my experience. I probably would have been happier with a larger tank and maybe not an IM tank.

It's empty now at the firehouse....

Good luck! Pics when it's all setup!

I have a high GPH Tunze PH I used in my BC29 before I got the Mp10. I know those spinstream nozzles are terrible as well. I had one in my bio cube but it did get constantly stuck.

Quick question. It has two overflows and two media baskets. Should I put purigen and chemipure elite in both or put filter filter floss/purigen/stock phosphate sponge in one. Filter floss/chemi pure elite/stock phosphate sponge in the other?

I have 2 overflows also. In one I have their stock sponge, carbon sponge and phosphate sponge. Behind that I have mangroves for fun and extra filtration. I saved the other set for a quick change out. On the other side I have the intank media basket with floss, purigen and chemi pure elite. In the adjacent space I have IMs nano skimmer on a timer to skim at night. I get a very dark tea which I empty in the morning. That slot is good because water level never changes so you can really tune it. In the other compartment I have 2 heaters. My return spinner has never gotten stuck, I like the chaotic flow. That and one powerhead in the tank will give you plenty of flow. I like gadgets but i think the media reactor would be overkill. I do a 5 gal weekly water change on my 30 and have no detectable nitrates. That plus the live rock and sand are your best filtration. IMO, hope this helps!

I added a 100 amphipods before anything and they scattered to the rocks and are reproducing cause I see lots of tiny bugs. The rock I got had 3 clumps of caluerpa that I'm hoping will flourish which I will then trim out to reduce nitrates and that is in essence my 'in the tank fuge.' If that doesn't work I might mod some in the tank box for chaeto and pods. I have the innovative marine nano 30 and an AI nano sol blue light.

I noticed for some reason flow greater in one overflow than the other so I stuck the purigen and chemi pure elite on that side

My nano

Had FOWLR for many years, this is my first nano reef, been up only two weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom