Just bought them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shacker66

Aquarium Advice Activist
German Blue Ram Chilids 2 of them just bought them yesterday the most i have spent on a fish so far and they have ich
I treated Paraguard yesterday today and now I decided what has always worked best for me. Sea salt a teaspoon/gallon.
I work very early 5 am should be gone 7 hours then i will change the water.
Or should i do it before i leave?
I can't believe i made sure everything was right and then they have ich. I bought Golden Rams to but i don't see any on them.

I wouldn't buy fish from that place again. I would change the water before you go to work and vacuum the gravel, at least the top cause that's where the Ick is in one of it's stages. I have used Kordon Ick Attack with great success in the past. It is a natural based treatment and works great least for me it has. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello shack...

The "ich" parasite isn't the end of the world for your fish. Keep their tank water clean by changing half the tank water every few days and vacuum the bottom material too. Feed sparingly, fish that don't feel well won't want to eat much and you don't want uneaten food to mess up the water chemistry. Standard aquarium salt is a good general remedy for about any problem, so a teaspoon or a bit more in every five gallons of treated tap water will help the fish get over this infection. The parasite won't tolerate a trace of salt in the tank water. You can follow this treatment for as long as it takes the fish to recover. I always add a teaspoon of aquarium salt in every five gallons of replacement water for all my tanks. The salt is good for any fish scaled or not.

B

Paragaurd does work but needs to be dosed daily for 10-14 days generally speaking. Raising temp, gravel vacs, and daily 25% water changes works too. I generally do all of the above and use Paragaurd or Kordon's Rid Ich

Of special note, add extra air pump or aeration. Higher temp of water reduces available oxygen for the water inhabitants.

I lowered the water. Lots of air bubbles is this good enough. I hope so. I have spent a lot on this project and ran over the budget already.

Back
Top Bottom