Just drilled, a few chips, but is it ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just drilled my tank for the BeanAnimal overflow. There are a couple of chips on the holes, nothing deep. Do you guys think these will be ok, or should I try to silicone the chips back into place? I'll be use BRS bulkheads and gaskets...

63298-albums14261-picture69001.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69002.jpg

Do the bulkheads cover the chips?
Holes are up high on back(per bean) correct?
This is your 40B?
If they are up high I would think they should be ok?
I have never drilled my own though,I have 4 drilled tanks.

I have no experience drilling tanks for bulkheads, but being that close to the top, I would think the minimal amount of pressure that would be exerted on the glass there wouldn't cause any issues. Then again, if the glass bows at all, or the tank flexes that will be the first spot to bust, even with the chips siliconed back.

Jesse

Yeah, they're at the top of the rear glass on the 40B, and the gaskets cover them...

Oh, and i'm not too worried about bowing. My overflow box has a back on it (with three corresponding holes), so that'll provide some rigidity as the bulkheads and gaskets are going through both (and yes, gaskets on both sides of the rear panel of the overflow box).

Back
Top Bottom