Just got a new albino baby oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar_jacks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I ground up pellets for him and he didnt go for them when they were floating down. But he was picking at the bottom. Is he still getting food or what should i do?

How long have you had him?

Two days. He is picking off the bottom but is still a lil guy. He swims along with my jack dempseys (dempseys have eattin) all are about and inch in size

Thank you very much! I was just concerned bc he is very sociable and goes good with my jacks but not eatting caused a lil worry.

Proud to say i went to give them there night food after not seeing them all day and they all ate (both jacks and oscar)

This is my lil oscar and the male jack in background, female is hiding. I had a tiger oscar for a good 7 months and she was aboout 5" when i had to give her up. Tank cracked. But this lil guy caught my eye bc of his orangish color and is very social for his size.

image-1553993199.jpg

This is my lil oscar and the male jack in background, female is hiding. I had a tiger oscar for a good 7 months and she was aboout 5" when i had to give her up. Tank cracked. But this lil guy caught my eye bc of his orangish color and is very social for his size.

Nice! I had an albino but it never grew! It was only 2" in a 55g to its self. Weekly water changes and krill and hikari food.

I have a 50 gallon just till the 19th the im getting a 75 so hopefully he wil grow for me. My jacks are deffanitly more active than him though

My pleco is twice there size but they still pick on him alot and make him move

I read that in my book about them that they hide once they hit a good size. So i made hiding spots that i can still see into. They like to hide behind the pot in the tank but im afraid that here in a month they will be to big to hide there so i will have to move the pot into a corner with plants so they can still hide

You think it will hurt to move decor around while they are in the tank?

Just making sure bc the last cichlids i bought were twice the size. What type of fish do you currently have?

Just making sure bc the last cichlids i bought were twice the size. What type of fish do you currently have?

Currently

150g
5 1-2" jags
Pair of cons
Pair of jewels
Salvini
Bn pleco
12" tinfoil barb
10" pim catfish

55g
2 1.5-2" red terror
Random dither fish

20g
4 1" red terror

Vey nice, i was looking into a texas cichlid but the only pet store that had them didnt take care of them and they looked sickly ao i gave up on them. I plan on gettin 2 kissing gourami when petsmart orders them for me

Back
Top Bottom