Just got an offer for my lake Tanganyika fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termitehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got an offer for my lake Tangs. $500 for the whole group. :eek:
I didn't even have them for sale but a friend of mine brought his friend over who is a avid aquariest and wants them for his office setup.

He mentioned it a few weeks ago and he called me last night. He wants them TODAY!

I just may do it because it will free up my 180 and allow me to get back into the predators a bit more. I find the predators more fun as they are more of a challenge.

But man, those big bright Fronts are pretty...

What would you do?

Burundi. You can buy the fry here locally for 10 to 20 (I mostly paid 10)a pop depending on where you go. There are 7 ranging from 5 to 13 inch. Plus all the smaller support cast. If I don't count housing and feeding as part of my initial investment then I'll clear 250.

I'm not in the hobby to profit, just for fun. He wants them because they are mostly grown out and established. He wants an instant display set up for his new office. They will go into a slightly bigger tank (taller) at 210 gallons. All brand new equipment and I will seed his tank with the contents of 1 of the filters.

I tend to get attached to my large fish which is probably why I keep adding tanks, for all the time and effort that goes in that's a tough call.

That's the sticking point for me too.
It takes a lot of time to get Fronts to that level. But at the same time, I feel I'm ready for a change. I can't keep adding tanks and keep my marriage lol!

My wife has banned me from bringing any other containers that hold water into the house for the fear of fish winding up in them, but I do have around 1000g of tanks so I'm good for awhile. I've also given some serious thought to downsizing in the near future.

The deal is done. They left last night. Gonna make a few changes in the tank and list my restocking options to myself.
I'm thinking I may go for the "ancients"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom