Just Got My First Ram!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats! You should be fine adding a male later if you want to then. Since he'll be the newcomer, he won't consider the girl as an intruder. Girls tend to be much more accepting of adding a boy to their territory rather than vice versa. In fact all the unpaired mature girls I've had tend to be quite welcoming of a boy since they're wanting to breed at that stage :)
Yayy! I want to breed them really bad but id wanna breeder tank first so the eggs will be seperate :) WOO! I'm so happy, so much good news in one day!

I have my rams in my heavily planted 75 gallon and they appreciate the extra food and cover the plants provide. They'll nibble on bits settled on the leaves and roots though, so don't freak if you see one "eating" the plants. They won't do them any harm, just are cleaning things :)

So she has REALLY coloured up, lots of pinkish tiny and lots of blue showing now! She is also very active now and swims around all the rocks and chases fry! Woo! I'll post some pictures tomorrow after work!

sorry I didn't buy yours haha! But yes she's a cutie. Maybe one day ill breed em

Oh it's fine! I didn't want to deal with shipping anyway:p.

Speaking of which, my pair laid eggs and that spare female actually chased them both off and started fanning the eggs.

Would love to see a picture of her now! How long did it take for her colors to really perk up?
I wouldnt say they "really perked up" but within a day or two shes already alot more colourful, although not as colourful as she will be one day!

here are some pics I just took! She kept moving cause she was just fed but you can really see her colours

Oh wow, her colors are super nice!

Here's the male and female I just got. The males colors are looking good, but my female is looking super bland. Nothing as pretty as yours! So hopefully mine starts looking more like yours soon! ;)

image-1657157028.jpg

Oh wow, her colors are super nice! Here's the male and female I just got. The males colors are looking good, but my female is looking super bland. Nothing as pretty as yours! So hopefully mine starts looking more like yours soon! ;)
wow! Very pretty! How big are they? Mines about 1 inche long if that!

yours are so much nicer! Ima mate mine when she srs a bit larger

I'm totally in love with your gal! lol but I've realized they look a lot different from each other! Mine has a lot more black whereas yours has a lot more yellow (which I totally love more of the bright colors over the black). I'm totally in love with yours! It'll be awesome to see her mate up with someone. I'm so stoked for mine to ha ha.

I'm totally in love with your gal! lol but I've realized they look a lot different from each other! Mine has a lot more black whereas yours has a lot more yellow (which I totally love more of the bright colors over the black). I'm totally in love with yours! It'll be awesome to see her mate up with someone. I'm so stoked for mine to ha ha.
its an exciting life we love LOL

Back
Top Bottom