Just got some Dwarf baby tears...Any tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M4gichat

Aquarium Advice Newbie

just starting my planted aquarium and just wondering about HC (dwarf baby tears) so anyway post on here if u know anything about them that might be useful (I want to make them my carpet plant like a mat) so lemme know :)

just starting my planted aquarium and just wondering about HC (dwarf baby tears) so anyway post on here if u know anything about them that might be useful (I want to make them my carpet plant like a mat) so lemme know :)
My tip... send them to me :p

I literaly was just reading about them 10 minutes ago. if you are doing a carpet most places I read sad to place 1/2" "plugs" in a "checkerd" pattern in the substrate which will make it fill in faster.

edit: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/....php?id=51&category=family&spec=Linderniaceae

emersed or submerged grown?

H. callitrichoides can be grown emersed but is somewhat prone to fungal attack if the soil is not thoroughly saturated with water

to me... thats saying submerged but it CAN be emersed. if that makes sense. Isnt submerged just basicly "stuck" in the substrate?

to me... thats saying submerged but it CAN be emersed. if that makes sense. Isnt submerged just basicly "stuck" in the substrate?

I was asking how it was grown, not how the OPer was going to grow it.

Emersed means outside of the tank like a potted plant. Submerged means grown in the tank under water.

ah gotcha :p sorry :p

No need to be sorry. I was Just clarifying. If the HC was grow emersed and the OPer is putting it in their tank, the emersed growth will die off.

A lot of people think this initial die off is not normal and that they killed the plant.

No need to be sorry. I was Just clarifying. If the HC was grow emersed and the OPer is putting it in their tank, the emersed growth will die off.

A lot of people think this initial die off is not normal and that they killed the plant.
good to know, especialy since I am hoping to start the same thing within a month

HC really wants good light and CO2 to grow underwater.

It also grows significantly faster emersed, and is easier to grow because you allow its roots to get established (which can be difficult underwater).

Back
Top Bottom