Just joined the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackieboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone out there I have a question can I put a really tiny angel fish and a Betta fish together? My setup is a 40 gallon tank with a blue and gold gorami, an angel fish, and a tiger barb.
Thanks for the help
Jackieboy

Thank you so much I literally just added the fish last night and don't want any deaths.

Probably a bad idea I try and keep Bettas away from anything last time I tried the betta killed everything in my tank and it didn't take long...

Jackieboy said:
Hi everyone out there I have a question can I put a really tiny angel fish and a Betta fish together? My setup is a 40 gallon tank with a blue and gold gorami, an angel fish, and a tiger barb.
Thanks for the help
Jackieboy

Hi and welcome!
Did you cycle your tank??? how?
Unfortunately the tiger barb is going to have to be returned/rehomed. They need schools of their own kind and shouldn't be kept with fish they can nip the fins of (Angels).

Thank you mumma I saw your reply and looked at the angel then realized your right and his tail is shorter. Are there any fish that would coexist with barbs?
Thanks

:welcome: to AA! :)
Thank you mumma I saw your reply and looked at the angel then realized your right and his tail is shorter. Are there any fish that would coexist with barbs?
Thanks

Other barbs (cherry barbs, gold barbs, odessa barbs), other fast and aggressive schoolers (buenos aires tetras, serpae tetras, black skirt tetras), aggressive fish that will put them in their place (convicts, firemouths). That's all I would suggest. Good luck (y)

Mumma.of.two said:
Hi and welcome!
Did you cycle your tank??? how?
Unfortunately the tiger barb is going to have to be returned/rehomed. They need schools of their own kind and shouldn't be kept with fish they can nip the fins of (Angels).

Thanks mumma I returned the barb because it was doing what you said and nipping the angelfish. When I returned the barb I got a dwarf flame gourami and he won't come out from behind the filter so I took my net and moved him. After I moved him he sank to the bottom like he was dead and then moved again. What is hen doing I'm wondering if he's sick. Also none of my other fish are doing this they are all very active.
Thanks
Jackieboy

Jackieboy said:
Thanks mumma I returned the barb because it was doing what you said and nipping the angelfish. When I returned the barb I got a dwarf flame gourami and he won't come out from behind the filter so I took my net and moved him. After I moved him he sank to the bottom like he was dead and then moved again. What is hen doing I'm wondering if he's sick. Also none of my other fish are doing this they are all very active.
Thanks
Jackieboy

Don't stress him. Leave him be. It's very stressful being moved from the fish breeder to the fish shop then to your tank. Leave the lights off to keep him calm.

Did you cycle the tank?

Mumma.of.two said:
Don't stress him. Leave him be. It's very stressful being moved from the fish breeder to the fish shop then to your tank. Leave the lights off to keep him calm.

Did you cycle the tank?

I took my golden gourami out and he seems to be much better the gourami must having harassing him or something. Thanks mumma

Jackieboy said:
I took my golden gourami out and he seems to be much better the gourami must having harassing him or something. Thanks mumma

Gouramis will do that to each other. Some have issues with keeping multiple other do not. Personally I recommend one gourami per tank usually

Back
Top Bottom