Just picked this up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just picked up this 12 gallon! It's going to house my ADFs. They are currently in my 29 gallon community tank but decided to get them into their own tank and add a few more[emoji38] will post pictures as I set it up.

IMG_0248.jpg

I have a friend with an ADF only tank and she has lots of babies so they are very happy.

I'm sure they will be much happier with more of them! Can't wait to get it all up and running!

Eager to see the photos! How many ADFs will you have?

Eager to see the photos! How many ADFs will you have?

Yeah I'm eager to get it set up! Picked up a few bits for it but haven't had the time or the money yet. And Looking at about 4-5 I think[emoji5]

That's a good number. They're such social creatures. I''ve attached a photo of my ADFs finishing up with dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 102
That's a good number. They're such social creatures. I''ve attached a photo of my ADFs finishing up with dinner.

Yeah I currently have 2 in my community tank but they will definitely be much happier with more of them.

Great pic! You got just ADFs in there?

Yes. I keep my ADFs in a separate tank without any other living creatures except plants. I have decided to err on the side of caution, and I respect the fact that ADFs are shy creatures. While they could survive in some community tanks, in my opinion, it isn't the best life for them. Even with just frogs (total nine), one in particular is quite shy and I need to seek him out to be sure he gets fed. I think they're adorable and always enjoy their antics.

Yes. I keep my ADFs in a separate tank without any other living creatures except plants. I have decided to err on the side of caution, and I respect the fact that ADFs are shy creatures. While they could survive in some community tanks, in my opinion, it isn't the best life for them. Even with just frogs (total nine), one in particular is quite shy and I need to seek him out to be sure he gets fed. I think they're adorable and always enjoy their antics.

Yeah I agree. Mine are currently in a community tank but you rarely see them so that's why I'm putting them in their own tank with a few more of them. What size tank do you have them
In?

They're in a 20. I impulsively purchased a 40 gallon breeder tank for them because I wanted larger but not deeper. I need to buy a few accessories (LED light cover) before I transfer them to their new tank, and in the meantime their current tank is more than adequate. In the new tank, I am tempted to try a sand substrate because it looks more natural and would likely feel better to them when they dive bomb. LOL

I have sand in my community tank that they're currently in and they seem fine so I've got some for the new tank. I know people say not to use it with frogs but I've not had any issues at all. Is it just the one tank you've got or do you keep fish as well?

Oh! I haven't heard that sand was a poor choice for substrate for frogs. I do recall reading a post by someone who advised against using a white gravel substrate. He said it made the frogs agitated. Yesssssss, I have other tanks. I have a 50 gal with a small variety of freshwater tropical, a 20 gal because I felt the need to rescue the baby guppies from the larger tank, and a 100 gal outdoor tank with goldfish. I am planning to set up a 100 gal tank and get rid of the two smaller tanks. Oh my. Hobby or obsession?

Yeah I heard they can swallow the sand when eating as they can't see well but I've never had issues with that so I went ahead and used it lol. Wow! That's a few lol I dont have room in my house for anymore than the 2 I have but if I did I would definitely get a big one! Is your frog tank planted? If so what you got in there?

IMG_0312.jpg

Red moor wood and plants arrived and are now in. (Rock is just holding the wood in place until it don't float

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great!!! I have mostly annubias and one moss ball. I'm not familiar with red moor wood but it's very attractive and looks like it will give the frogs a fun place to climb. You have the pot and the plants so will you provide any other hiding places? I have far too much in the tank and it looks junked up. You've inspired me! When do the frogs arrive?

I will be adding a few more plants to it I think but nothing else other than that. Well I haven't planned to at the moment anyway lol The tank isn't quite cycled yet but we're nearly there now so as soon as it's fully cycled I will be adding the frogs! Getting very impatient now lol!

You have Java fern and Anubias rhizomes buried. They will rot. The rhizome must be above the surface. Usually they are mounted on wood or rock to insure they are not buried.

No they aren't buried. I've had the anubias since January in a community tank along with my others. I know about the rhizome and not to bury it. They are weighted down that's all.

Back
Top Bottom