Just redecorated the shark tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkfletch

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bala sharks that is, but they're still badass. Here's a pic, still cloudy from all the movement that just took place.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403397327.222710.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403397438.916296.jpg
Blue LEDs don't look so hot in the picture...

Stay tuned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't want to be that guy but the tank is too small for the sharks. In addition to getting big, bala sharks are active and very skittish.

I know I know. I've got a 200 gal at my sisters waiting for me to set up once I get out of the apartment that I'm in. I've also got a birchir and 2 plecos in there so I've already had this tank swap in mind since I got them. There still good in the 55 gal for now. About another month or so.

Is this like a fw version of the tang police? And don't balas get huge?

Edit: over a foot....

Beedooooobeeeedoooooo Bala police.... i just figured someone may say something along the lines of balas having no place in anything under 200 gallons because they get huge... at least op has them in a group..that's gotta count for something; )

I've got 5 of em, and they're still baby's. Two are about 4" and three are about 2 1/2", like I said they'll be good for at least another month or so till I get moved into a house where I'll have room for my 200 gal.

I've got 5 of em.

That's a good number.. they sell balas in every petco I've ever been in.. there is probably 3000897 balas in 30008970 gallons of water out there... the fact that you're keeping them in a 55 for now with plans of a much much larger tank? Sounds legit.. they are spectacular looking fish and I wish I could keep a troop..

Yea there awesome fish! Especially when they swim in circles around each other as if they were real shark stalking prey, "Killer". I'm stoked to get them moved into that big *** tank too, that'll be something else.

Back
Top Bottom