just spent 75$ on sand, and its not the one i want now! ques

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I hear it will end up under the larger size. You would need to remove all the old I believe. I presume you mean sugar size. I also did that then I was like I ont like this after other problems as well I knew it was time to redo I went with sugar size looks a lot better than the big stuff IMO and detritus stays mostly on top of it cant find its way to the lower levels.

Correct. The smaller sand will just shift to the bottom and the larger substrate will remain on the top. Only real way to fix it is to take out the old stuff.

ahh, that is a little coarser than I thought it'd be. I've got carib-sea's Aragamax sand, which is a smaller grain size...sugar grain...and is the perfect stuff.

That is the sand I'm using in my current reef. Like Lando said, the smaller sand will settle towards the bottom. I added about 20lbs of sugar sized LS from my previous tank and that's what happened. FWIW, I don't think the carib-sea reef sand is all that bad. I been using it for 8 months now, PH and Alk are good, and nitrates are undetectable in my tank. There is more than one correct way to run a reef :wink: HTH

Back
Top Bottom