Just tell me what fixture to buy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's up to you, I run almost all of my tanks topless. Have a jumper every now and again but most of the species I keep don't try, and those that do get a darwin award and a comfy room in the herb garden.

I'm pretty sure the fixture that you ordered comes with a splashguard, I don't know if it comes with mounting legs though o_O.

Now that i have a light...what ferts should i be looking into getting?

Look into EI dosing, its the cheapest route that I know of. I'm sure mfdrookie can fill you in on ppspro/autodoser stuff also if you want to go that route.

In the meantime you could just go with a bottle of flourish comp, it has a good mix of micros/macros, although it's pretty light on the macros so getting a proper dosing routine down is essential.

I can't remember if you were doing co2 or not?

Do i not need one? Cause if i dont that would nice.

The instructions for the 24" dual coralife fixture say "For use over covered aquariums only", although the fixture itself does have a glass cover protecting the bulbs. I imagine the warning is for liability reasons, as long as you don't have a lot of splashing I'd think you could get away without an extra glass cover on the aquarium.

The 24" fixture has adjustable mounting legs.

I think all fixtures say that... like mcdonalds coffee... to save them from getting sued. I run all my tanks topless. The exception is my 150 for the time being until I hang my lights... I have to sit them on glass tops. I dont even have problems with my lights over my tanks with sponges on them... and those splash a lot! I will say that all equipment should be plugged in to a GFCI outlet, whether in wall or added on.

Back
Top Bottom