just thought I'd share some pics of my pond I took last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For now just some comets. I'm waiting to expand before I spend money on koi

If you want a nicely stocked koi pond, I my self would go ahead and make it around 2-5k gallons. Since your gonna be digging, might as well go big or go home so to speak!

Lfs by me has some really nice koi but they go for 300 each lol and even more for the bigger ones

Nooooo. Id buy some small cheaper ones and let em grow out. I think you'll find much more satisfaction doing it that way. 300 for a koi is way too much!

300 there must be more to it then what I can see in the picture. I think mine looks bigger maybe not Idk

Yea some of the plants have overgrown the far end and its pretty deep. Tell ya what ill measure it and figure out the volume and get back to ya on it. But I'm pretty sure it was right in that area

Yea some of the plants have overgrown the far end and its pretty deep. Tell ya what ill measure it and figure out the volume and get back to ya on it. But I'm pretty sure it was right in that area

It may be.. I kinda just guessed on mine. Mine is oddly shaped so figuring it out is a pain.

I've got a 1200 gph pump I use for draining for water changes and it takes it a good 15-20 just to drain half but also considering about 2-1/2' -3' of head on the pump.

I've got a 1200 gph pump I use for draining for water changes and it takes it a good 15-20 just to drain half but also considering about 2-1/2' -3' of head on the pump.

Get some good day shots at different angles for me, please. I'd love to see some more of it. Plus get a ton of shots while adding to it when you get that far.

This pond has become another passion for me. I had to get rid of my 125 malawi tank cus a seal failed and I just didn't feel like fixing it. So now I'm doen to my 72 planted and the pond. I miss my cichlids though. I'm seriously contemplating a 220 for a malawi biotope

Back
Top Bottom