Just want some advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heinrich Lourens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

So I followed the advice you guys gave me and took my goldfish out and gave it to a friend. And I struck lucky to upgrade my 30L tank and now have a 50L one. ATM I have a Kuhli loach, 2 Red eye Tetras and 2 neon Tetras in it.

I have taken a huge liking in Tiger Barbs recently and would love to have a few of them but I think this tank is too small for them to live alongside the tetras. Especially because the Red eyes seem to panic/get nervous very easily. The 2 neons seem very playfull and cheerfull. The loach is also very happy. (had to drag him out from under the filter yesterday!)

Meanwhile my sister has bought herself a male Betta which is now living in a 5L bowl. He was in about 500ml of water at the pet shop and seems plenty happy now. I'm giving her the 30L tank for the Betta and was considering giving her the 4 tetras as well. They should be fine with the Betta based on what I have read and heard at various places. Then I can get 4 or 5 Tiger barbs for my tank. I was gonna do Cichlids but I want to decorate the tank myself...

And please I don't want to start a stupid argument like my previous post where some guy said I was arguing when I hadn't even replied yet!

Apologies for the long post.
Regards
Heinrich

In the 50l, which is about 10gal, you have to be careful with what you're fitting in and what hiding spaces there are, but you should be able to manage 3-4 tiger barbs along with about 5 neons and the loach. this will be overcrowding and they will need bigger water changes, but it might work. If you find lots of aggression, you might have to rethink the stocking xx

Khuli loaches are social fish and prefer to be kept in at least three or more...soo would get a couple more kuhlis

Hello!

So I followed the advice you guys gave me and took my goldfish out and gave it to a friend. And I struck lucky to upgrade my 30L tank and now have a 50L one. ATM I have a Kuhli loach, 2 Red eye Tetras and 2 neon Tetras in it.

I have taken a huge liking in Tiger Barbs recently and would love to have a few of them but I think this tank is too small for them to live alongside the tetras. Especially because the Red eyes seem to panic/get nervous very easily. The 2 neons seem very playfull and cheerfull. The loach is also very happy. (had to drag him out from under the filter yesterday!)

Meanwhile my sister has bought herself a male Betta which is now living in a 5L bowl. He was in about 500ml of water at the pet shop and seems plenty happy now. I'm giving her the 30L tank for the Betta and was considering giving her the 4 tetras as well. They should be fine with the Betta based on what I have read and heard at various places. Then I can get 4 or 5 Tiger barbs for my tank. I was gonna do Cichlids but I want to decorate the tank myself...

And please I don't want to start a stupid argument like my previous post where some guy said I was arguing when I hadn't even replied yet!

Apologies for the long post.
Regards
Heinrich

The red eyed tetras would be much calmer if they were in a larger group. Honestly I would up the amount of red eye and neon tetra and leave it at that. Adult tiger barbs get quite large and need a larger tank. They also would not make good tank mates for the smaller less aggressive tetras.

Back
Top Bottom