Just wondering here..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have never actually looked at these and I want something different you know.. I am just pondering options here! Lol. So here is the situation.
29 gallon
Possibly switching to sand but gravel at the moment
Not cycled yet ( before I get anything it will be COMPLETELY cycled)
3 weeks into cycling.
Has a heater with them temp at a constant 78
I also have a cool air pump! It has bug bubbles that pop! Lol.
And I was maybe thinking of trying some of these guys out!
And they would have to be available at like petco or pet-smart or pet land.. They are good ones! And preferably not too expensive!
Thanks so much!

-Maddy

And I guess you can figure this but it also has a filter. Lol. And is that a no?? Lol. Seriously o have never even looked at these and still really haven't. So I thought I would try something new!

Are convicts shell dwellers? And maybe I could go to my LFS and see what kind they have and tell you and you can tell me what would work!

no shell dwellers are the name of the fish and they dwell in shells im a chiclid novice id pm hukit and ask him hes the go to dude

Okay. I will look at petco.. I know they had one up for adoption. It was huge! It wasnt a convict it was balck and maybe a red design? They sai it has to be alone otherwise it kills everything.

These are some convict picture. Black is the norm and the other is pink. They breed like guppies but are fun to watch, ESP after the fry are born. They are excellent parents!!! The pink is guarding new fry :)

Attachments

• image-3813915072.jpg
    image-3813915072.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2044661782.jpg
    image-2044661782.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 112
A pair of Honduran Red Points or Kanna's would be very cool in a 29g plus you'll get better coloration, fewer fry to deal with, and slightly lower aggression over convicts.

Archocentrus sp. "Honduran Red Point"

Archocentrus kanna

Or the other would be Apistos, Rams, or Kribs but everyone has those. I know you would prefer to buy them local but these will not available. I can't remember the last time I purchased fish locally without ordering online, it really is the best way to ensure you get what your looking for, just have your parents make the arrangement.

Last edited:
They always have different things.. And still I swear I have looked at every fish except these? I guess I knew my ten gallon wouldn't really work with them so I never looked. They can special order too! But ordering online I think o would have to order from severum mama and HN1 because of all the websites and things their shipping is the best deal. Because my parents won't let me spend 30+ on fish... And the 30$ would just be shipping. Does anyone know if they have chichlids?

Back
Top Bottom