Keegster803's 55 gallon Lake Tang Biotope Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking for the stock plan,
2x Altolamprologus compressiceps
My occies and their fry (2-6 fish)
2x julidochromis dickfeldi
2x eretmodus cyanostictus
4x synodontis petricola or lophiobagrus cyclurus

Sent via echolocation

I think i might throw out the idea of having the eretmodus and get a centerpiece fish. I was thinking a single gnathochromis permaxilis would be cool, but I don't know if that would work with the space given. What do you guys think?

Sent via echolocation

Alright guys, I've decided to do my previous stocking plan
3x neolamprologus ocellatus gold
2x altolamprologus compressiceps
2x juliedochromis regani
And I'm thinking of having a couple of multipunctus synos. What are your guys' opinions? I am thinking of ordering from Anthony at SIcichlids, anyone have any experience with him?

Sent via echolocation

I would do petricola instead of multipunctatus. Much more manageable size and I would up the number to 5-6

Anthony is a member on here, StatenIslandCichlids. Good guy based on the interactions I've had with him. I would get fish from him

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would do petricola instead of multipunctatus. Much more manageable size and I would up the number to 5-6

Anthony is a member on here, StatenIslandCichlids. Good guy based on the interactions I've had with him. I would get fish from him

I actually pm'd him and it isn't him, but he recommended me to SIcichlids. And the only reason I was thinking multipunctus was because I saw a wild caught group of 7 but I have to buy them as a group not individually

Sent via echolocation

2x juliedochromis regani
And I'm thinking of having a couple of multipunctus synos. What are your guys' opinions? I am thinking of ordering from Anthony at SIcichlids, anyone have any experience with him?

Sent via echolocation

Well I talked to Anthony, and it seems that the dickfeldi aren't readily available, so it looks like It's back to the drawing board. He has the eretmodus cyanostictus in stock. Would it be ok if I bought the cyanostictus and put them in the tank while it is cycling? Or if I put the ocellatus fry in the tank as its cycling? Or should I just do a completely Fishless cycle? I am willing to do 50% waterchanges daily if needed. All advice is appreciated!

Sent via echolocation

2x juliedochromis regani

Sent via echolocation

Just incase it confused anyone, the regani was supposed to be dickfeldi, oops

Sent via echolocation

Update: alright guys here's an updated stocking list
3x lamprologus ocellatus
6x synodontis pericula or lophiobagrus cyclurus
2x julidochromis not sure what species yet

I'm trying to get wild caught fish, that's the only reason I would be getting the lophiobagrus, and plus they are pretty cool. I threw out the eretmodus idea because they are herbivores and all the other fish that I plan on getting are carnivores, so I don't wanna give the eretmodus bloat.

Sent via echolocation

I got the tank setup last night, I'm trying to post pics but it won't let me for some reason, anyone know why?

Sent via echolocation

AA has had problems since yesterday with pics being posted. They are trying to resolve it.

Caleb

The rock placement makes me very nervous. Many tang species are proficient diggers.

The rock placement makes me very nervous. Many tang species are proficient diggers.

I am rescaping the tank, I had to go to bed before I could scape it the way I wanted. Thanks for the advice though

Sent via echolocation

Here's the current rescape, what do you guys think? I didn't add that giant block yet, but here it is so far. I also added my surviving occie fry into the tank to let him grow out and then introduce the other fish as the tank finishes cycling. I just thought that since his bioload is so small, it would keep the cycle going but wouldn't allow enough ammonia or nitrite to pile up and become toxic. Am I right? Or should I move him back to the main tank with the pair, what do you guys think? All advice and recommendations are appreciated! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445027125.549991.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445027140.356963.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445027153.163475.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445027194.001208.jpg

Sent via echolocation

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last updated. The tank is still cycling, I'm weekly water changes, and I am target feeding the little guy so the excess food doesn't raise the ammonia levels too much. I'm thinking about redoing my stocking list, here is what I have so far.

3 gold ocellatus, 2-pair 1-fry
2-altolamprologus compressiceps
I'm thinking of synos, but unsure of what species to do. And I was looking into either Julie's or brichardi, what do you guys think? All advice is appreciated.

Sent via echolocation

Back
Top Bottom