Keeping shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any tips? I have 10+ ghost shrimp in my planted tank, along with Khulis and albino pristellas. Since they are doing so well I plan on getting more shrimp in the future! Maybe some crystal reds.

One of them is a mama shrimp, and is carrying eggs. The only "carpet" like plant I have is wendtii crypt, I was thinking of getting moss ball or two would this be a good place for her to drop eggs? (Actually how does that all, pregnancy and reproduction, work with shrimp! And how long do they typically carry them?).

Last thing! I am thinking of getting a 6 gallon deal from CL for just shrimps, extra plants (they grow like weeds!) and maybe even a betta. Would this be sufficient for shrimp and about how many? It will be my kitchen tank =3 I know. I'm just coming up with reasons to have more tanks! Like someone said here before, fish really should come with warnings!!!!

Sorry this is all jumbled up! Writing it fast while I have time!

Well it depends on the type of ghost shrimp you got there are different types and most of the time the young need salt water to survive...however the ones you have could be the type that doesn't need saltwater...and as for the six gallon shrimp tank you could do crystal shrimp however they are a softer water shrimp and are a little more difficult than the neocaridina species such as red cherry shrimp...and as for the betta you could put a betta with them but you will need to be careful and make sure that the betta doesn't eat the shrimp especially if they are the crystal shrimp lol those things are pretty expensive

Back
Top Bottom