Kenfish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I do apologize for the multiple threads, but because the topics are different, I felt that it may be ok.

What are the reviews for the crush flakes? I am ordering the ken premium cichlid flakes and the spirulina/garlic/paprika flakes for my labs, srt hongi and Afra cobues. Anyone know if I should get other foods? I have variety of hikari and NLS pellets. Any suggestions or advices will be greatly appreciated.

Their are many that swear by his foods, I'm not one of them. The ingredient list is really no better than any other low end food which uses alot of fillers such as corn, wheat, and oat flour which serves as fillers and binding agents. Look at their list and then compare to NLS flakes which uses actual whole Antarctic krill and whole hearing instead of fish meal which utilizes all the left over parts from other industries rather than the whole fish. Compare and you'll see the differences.

Ken's Cichlid flakes,

Ingredients: fish meal, dried brewers yeast, soy flour, wheat flour, oat flour, corn gluten meal, soy protein concentrate, shrimp meal, dried plankton, dried spirulina algae, dried krill, dried earthworms, dried kelp, vitamin supplements a, d3, b1, b12, & biotin. Stabilized vitamin c.

Now NLS,

Whole Antarctic Krill Meal, Whole Herring Meal, Wheat Flour, Whole Squid Meal, Mussel Meal, Algae Meal, Garlic, Soybean Isolate, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vegetable and Fruit Extract (Spinach, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Zucchini, Tomato, Pea, Red and Green Cabbage, Apple, Apricot, Mango, Kiwi, Papaya, Peach, Pear), Ginseng, Vitamin A Acetate D-Activated Animal Sterol (D3), Vitamin B 12 supplement , Thiamine, Biotin, DL-Alphatocophero (E), Riboflavin Supplement , Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorby-2-polyphosphate (Stable C), Choline Chloride Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate , Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate.

Notice the huge difference in fillers and binding compounds in Kens and only wheat flour in NLS, Kens is no better that Tetra in my opinion. So yes I drink the Kool Aid!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Their are many that swear by his foods, I'm not one of them. The ingredient list is really no better than any other low end food which uses alot of fillers such as corn, wheat, and oat flour which serves as fillers and binding agents. Look at their list and then compare to NLS flakes which uses actual whole Antarctic krill and whole hearing instead of fish meal which utilizes all the left over parts from other industries rather than the whole fish. Compare and you'll see the differences.

Ken's Cichlid flakes,

Ingredients: fish meal, dried brewers yeast, soy flour, wheat flour, oat flour, corn gluten meal, soy protein concentrate, shrimp meal, dried plankton, dried spirulina algae, dried krill, dried earthworms, dried kelp, vitamin supplements a, d3, b1, b12, & biotin. Stabilized vitamin c.

Now NLS,

Whole Antarctic Krill Meal, Whole Herring Meal, Wheat Flour, Whole Squid Meal, Mussel Meal, Algae Meal, Garlic, Soybean Isolate, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vegetable and Fruit Extract (Spinach, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Zucchini, Tomato, Pea, Red and Green Cabbage, Apple, Apricot, Mango, Kiwi, Papaya, Peach, Pear), Ginseng, Vitamin A Acetate D-Activated Animal Sterol (D3), Vitamin B 12 supplement , Thiamine, Biotin, DL-Alphatocophero (E), Riboflavin Supplement , Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorby-2-polyphosphate (Stable C), Choline Chloride Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate , Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate.

Notice the huge difference in fillers and binding compounds in Kens and only wheat flour in NLS, Kens is no better that Tetra in my opinion. So yes I drink the Kool Aid!

Haha. Thanks! I ordered both and will see which my fish prefers. I thought it might be worth it to buy a pound of food at a great price. I'll give my reviews and compare them next week when I get them! :)

My fish do not seem to like kenfish spirulina/paprika/garlic flakes. It's unfortunate becuse I bought 1lb of them. I fed them NLS instead and it had a better result.

I'll try the cichlid flakes from kenfish tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom