Kent bio reef 94 l

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't tend to. When i pop to the LFS illegal as for seeded media. This is my first reef so important not willing to contaminate anything from my trop tank. Unsure for this size regarding sand and LR.

Any recommendations? Fish wise i want to end up with 2 clown a goby and something else and of course some corals

I wound do about a 1inch thick sand bed and as much live rock as you can fit In my tanks i did about 1 pound of rock for every gallon.

Corals I would start out with some Zoas and mushrooms they tend to be pretty easy

Thanks for a quick reply. Could i assist the seeding of the tank from my trop tank or is it not advisable?

I know the LR and sand can cycle the tank and im happy to do it that way but would love to get some fish in during the summer

Could the tank handle approx 4 fish and some CUC ? Unsure of what yet but YouTube have some great tank setups but will roll out stocking slowly.

All advice and criticism im willing to take on this tank setups:)

Its the Kent marine (internet reef) 94l i know its not huge but im keeping my trop tank also and don't want to piss the wife off as she wears the trousers?? ;-)

I think 2 clowns and a goby is fine just go slow take your time if not you might as well flush your money down the toilet.
Do you know anyone near you with a established reef tank ? If so I would as for some filter floss or sponges.... It helps the process along. Also frozen Mysis cubes ...

I need to down size I have 4 tanks going right now lol.

My original tank i got to relax me as i was off work with stress and i found it so relaxing both watching and maintaining the tank.

Now i want to progress and get more adventurous without getting a second mortgage on the house? I know its not ideal as a starter salt sized tank. But its all i have space for.

New these retail for £250 but picked this up complete with spare bulbs extra leds and a uv filter too but don't seem to need that for a reef unless told otherwise. The guy had used it and he said it help immensely?

The uv sterilizer will help cut back on algae and clear the water up I run one on my FOWLR but not on my reef .

Might keep it in use if it helps me then iluse it. Just want this room be a focal point in my lounge. And then move my trop tank into my study. :) don't care if cycling just like it really some looking. And nice looking active fish.

I hope so. Could i do approx 4 fish or do you believe its too much and of course a few shrimp/snails as the cuc?

What four fish are you thinking?
How often do you plan to do water changes

2 clowns maybe a madarin goby few and 1 other but im open to suggestions. But 1 condition if getting this tank was a pair of clown fir the missus (perculas seem popular) but again i need research.

I certainly like the black clowns more?

No Go on the mandarin !!!!!!!
they require a well established tank with lots of pods I keep one that I trained to eat pellets after a long time however that is very rare They need a tank with a refugium or they will slowly starve!

Black clowns can go in that tank just fine.

Ok no mandarin happy about the clowns?

Any other suggestions? What about fire goby or something? I would like a lot of color and movememt.

Ooh i like the second photo what's that?

How big can regal tangs get? Maybe a fireaangel or is the reef too small

Back
Top Bottom