Keyhole cichlid and Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have discussed in a previous thread with Fishayfishay some stocking ideas. My 55g fw column style planted tank stock includes :
1 keyhole cichlid
6 panda corydora
4 otocinclus
4 angelicus botia
1 honey gourami
Would 2 Bolivian Rams work?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also would a pair be better than a single BR.

Do you think if my water is moderately hard they will be ok.

Mine did fine when my PH was 7.8.

Also the pair would be dependent on the Rams. Some really hate sharing, never had one attack another fish but have had 1 that wouldn't let another eat without pestering.

Also in regards to pairs, breeding temperament is hard to gauge as well as the fact that they will breed constantly if are indeed a pair. Will need homes for the fry. Why I only keep a single male in my 55 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine did fine when my PH was 7.8.

Also the pair would be dependent on the Rams. Some really hate sharing, never had one attack another fish but have had 1 that wouldn't let another eat without pestering.

Also in regards to pairs, breeding temperament is hard to gauge as well as the fact that they will breed constantly if are indeed a pair. Will need homes for the fry. Why I only keep a single male in my 55 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't want babies really. Do you think I should get 1 male just to be safe?

My Bolivians did just fine in my 56 column tank with extremely hard water!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I don't want babies really. Do you think I should get 1 male just to be safe?

If you prefer that but I can guarantee this. I have a "pair" that don't really breed but never leave each other's side until feeding time. He fights over food with her but after that they are best buddies. He never leaves her side. I don't think he knows she's a girl but he'll be looking and he'll find out one day. Lol

Back
Top Bottom