kh problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I cant seem to get my kh to go up, at 1.5d, my ph is between 6.8-7.0. I have about 50 plants, 4 angel fish 4 corys 5 otos one pleco and 6 shrimp. I have done 20% for change two days in a row with no change. I am afraid it might hit 0 and my ph becomes unstable. I dont have air pump or use co2 injector, plants have been thriving so has the fish. Kh from the tap is little over 3d. Any help with this will be greatly appriciated, myself and tbe fishes.

If you have a consistantly low kh you can get some crushed coral, add it to a media bag and either put it in your filter or hang it under your filter outflow. You may have to mess alittle with finding how much you need to keep in your tank. Also stay out with a lower amount and add to it until you reach your desired level. You can also add an 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon of dissovled baking soda to your tank to give it alittle instant buffering. Don't know the size of your tank but again you don't want to add alot and end up shifting your kh through the roof.

Yes it will to a point. I keep my kh at 4 which is all you need to have enough buffer to keep ph steady. That's why you only use alittle CC until you reach the kh you want. Some people just add baking soda weekly but IMO the CC is a better option.

Ok, my ph right around 7 and does not change, not even at night as i checked this hole weekend i will try a little CC in my canister. If anything should help keep my hk from moving. Thank you

It will stay stable and not change if there is just enough buffer in the water.

Back
Top Bottom