Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and I thought I had 2 of the stripped kuhli's. But when I did my deep clean this weekend I found a third that had been MIA since April. Very shy and never comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are they normally pretty outgoing? I enjoy the yoyo loaches as always out and about. I only have two left (rest jumped out) but they seem OK.

The two big ones are pretty outgoing. The black ones not as much. And then that one striped one I thought it had joined the food chain I saw it so rarely.

Somebody is making an awesome bubble nest. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468381442.212812.jpg

My hubbie ordered this but I must make it mine. LolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468452965.929200.jpg

PWC today and the brown crud is definitely on the decline. Corkscrew melted and I trimmed. Wait to see if it has any life left in the roots. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468727456.650648.jpg

Feeding time and the tiger is out of his den.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468727529.208321.jpg

And Blue is lurking. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468727560.940307.jpg

Today was PWC day. But my nitrates have been running 40+ and I remembered someone questioning putting the plants in glass containers. That the roots need some water flow. So today I pulled out all the pots and did root inspection. About 50% were definitely not liking the pots. The stems and roots were decaying. So everything got snipped and put into the substrate that was in need. Also moved the taller plants to the far side away from the new circulation pump.

Pics later when it all clears.

If I were filthy rich. I would have a huge real planted tank with Chihulily glass sculpture. Imagine this but in a tank with awesome fish. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470067169.185764.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470067193.056188.jpg

It's been a busy few days. Family member had an accident (hard fall on concrete) was hospitalized and is now convalescing with us. Fish are gonna have to wait for their PWC. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470695909.638437.jpg

I think every is enjoying the new circulation pump.

It's been a busy few days. Family member had an accident (hard fall on concrete) was hospitalized and is now convalescing with us. Fish are gonna have to wait for their PWC. View attachment 288524

I think every is enjoying the new circulation pump.

Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope all is ok.

Do you notice any other benefit from the extra flow? Do the plants seem healthier etc.

Tank looks good.

Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope all is ok.

Do you notice any other benefit from the extra flow? Do the plants seem healthier etc.

Tank looks good.

I think the plants are improving but it's too soon for me to be certain. That's why I take lot of pics to compare over time.

Water change today and removed a few more plants from their pots. I missed my PWC last week but everything looks like it's ok. Got my new buce and and have it attached to lava rock. Hope it does well.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471226672.893563.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471226685.742541.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471226699.227763.jpg

Do you use co2? Liquid/gas?

Nope. I am hell bent to stay low tech. My husband and dog insist that I pay some attention to them and have implied that they suffer greatly due to the time I spend on my fish tanks.

Nope. I am hell bent to stay low tech. My husband and dog insist that I pay some attention to them and have implied that they suffer greatly due to the time I spend on my fish tanks.

This is a good example of a no co2 tank. You have a good balance which can be difficult to achieve for many. You should be proud.

Go spend some more time with your pooch and the old man.

Back
Top Bottom