Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just about to comment that Kuhli loaches need a sandy substrate to thrive, but then I saw you'd already changed it XD

I have had Khuli's thrive on smooth gravel and jelly glass. Always made sure nothing was rough or sharp.

Love the rainbows!
I hope mine color like that, haven't had them long, they're still juvies.

Amazing tank! I'm amazed at how big your kuhlis are! Mine are tiny compared to yours. What do you feed them?

I got the Rainbows right after Christmas and their colors have definitely improved.

My Khuli's (all my critters) are fed a mix of foods.
Live grindal worms 3x a week
Frozen brine shrimp w spirulina 1x a week
New spectrum tetra pellets 2x a week

With a few algae/spirulina pellets on top of that for the snails and shrimp that I always see the fish nibble too.

And then there are the nuclear waste particles I sprinkle on to encourage growth ([emoji13])

Added some plants to the top with roots in the water. Put the vines in a few weeks ago and just added the chinese evergreen. Let's see those nitrates drop!View attachment 298342
How did you plant/secure the Chinese evergreen? Have always wanted to do something like this but always have had a hard time coming up with what plants are doable for this application. Btw love the khuli loach! Want one badly but i already have enough bottom dwellers ?

I used one of the black potted plant plastic things and rock wool around the root ball. I made the hole in the top a bit bigger (hot knives cut/melt plastic) and used a rubber coated gear ties to hold it there. IMG_9002.jpg

I may add a plant area along the entire rear of the tank using something. I'm not sure if abs pipe is aquarium safe? And then cut/drill for the plants and roots?

I got the Rainbows right after Christmas and their colors have definitely improved.

My Khuli's (all my critters) are fed a mix of foods.
Live grindal worms 3x a week
Frozen brine shrimp w spirulina 1x a week
New spectrum tetra pellets 2x a week

With a few algae/spirulina pellets on top of that for the snails and shrimp that I always see the fish nibble too.

And then there are the nuclear waste particles I sprinkle on to encourage growth ([emoji13])

Ahhh I see what I'm missing!! Now to find me a nuclear reactor :ROFLMAO:

Is that a begonia?

I am not certain what the real name is. My grandma used to call it Creeping Charlie. The leaves are a bit fleshy and it sprouts roots and grows easy from cuttings. IMG_9003.jpgIMG_9005.jpg

Here is a shot of the cuttings roots and the plant in the pot. IMG_9004.jpg

I got the fish wrong. They are Dwarf Neon Rainbow (Melanotaenia praecox). Not tetras I guess. IMG_8985.jpg

Lol...didn't even catch that, but yes they're rainbows.

Yours look very good.

Pothos, wandering Jew, coleus, Chinese evergreen, jasmine (asiatic, minima, confederate), p. Lilly (room?), draceana, strawberries, tomatoes, lirope, mondo, potatoe vine...

Those are ones ive used or seen used.

I figure any plant that will root in water as opposed to rot and can live indoors was worth a try.

PWC today and added a new sponge prefilter. IMG_9037.jpg

I have one large MTS in the tank doing an excellent job. IMG_9047.jpg

Plants and fish all seem to be doing well.
Found another clutch of eggs.

If this shirt came in a ladies style....IMG_9070.jpg
And the proper spelling of Khuli is still a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom