Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the kind words! It really seems to be up to the plants.
The Cabomba I added 4/18 has slowly broken into segments. I have left the rooted stems to see if they recover. I suspect this is the plant that stimulate the rainbows to spawn.

The rest are Anubias, Java, Buce, AR mini (?) ,crypts and I think I may have 2 different types of dwarf sag. One stays an inch or so high. The other gets as tall as the tank.

Looks like the female Amano is carrying. To bad they won't develop in fresh water. At least that's what I've read. IMG_9978.jpg

PWC today and removed a few plants to add to the Biube. Clearing up fast. View attachment 300313

One of the shrimp moved from the nursery a month back was female and she looks ready to pop. I call her Eve. Since she will be repopulating the nursery once I'm positive it is shrimp friendly again. View attachment 300314

Snails love the fresh water and stirring the sand. Looking for missed goodies. View attachment 300315

Khuli's are reinspecting their turf. View attachment 300316View attachment 300317

I love this tank! If you ever want to add more ferns to the driftwood at the bottom, Threadleaf Java Fern would complement the Needle Leaf well.

This Khuli is soooo fat his tail won't touch the sand. And he's looking for more food. IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0841.jpg
IMG_0840.jpg

Yesterday was maintenance day. Also rinsed the canister media, replaced a bit of floss and cleaned the hoses. Removed the Chinese Evergreen as it was getting a bit too heavy. Added Pothos instead. I've been soaking it in old tank water for few weeks to remove as much debris as possible. If the Khuli's are thinking about spawning those dangling roots should be attractive. IMG_0851.jpgIMG_0852.jpgIMG_0853.jpgIMG_0854.jpg
I can see the flow is a bit stronger now without the grunge in the tubing and spray bar.

Last edited:
Yesterday was maintenance day. Also rinsed the canister media, replaced a bit of floss and cleaned the hoses. Removed the Chinese Evergreen as it was getting a bit too heavy. Added Pothos instead. I've been soaking it in old tank water for few weeks to remove as much debris as possible. If the Khuli's are thinking about spawning those dangling roots should be attractive. View attachment 301282View attachment 301283View attachment 301284View attachment 301285
I can see the flow is a bit stronger now without the grunge in the tubing and spray bar.
May I ask what that bushy plant is on the left-hand side? Absolutely stunning.

Think it is narrow leaf Java Fern...

Beautiful tank - Love the colors and textures.

Those roots look like they could be a "spawning mop" :brows:

Which ferts are you using?

I think it's narrow Java too. Not positive I got it so long ago. It just keeps growing. I have it in all my tanks.

For ferts I made the DIY Osmocoat + root tabs. I dose 1/2 ML Flourish 2x a week with a few drops of Potassium. Fish provide most of the ferts. Lol. It's all I can do to keep my nitrates a hair under 40.

Thanks for sharing the ferts info. I haven't been able to find more of the ferts I used to use (from out of country) so it is time to use something else. I have some of those capsules from a local guy I traded some stuff with a long time back. Just have to find them!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom