Killer fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulos69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What fish can I put in with my Oscar it has killed my pleco and my polka dot catfish.The pleco was about 16 inchs what can I get plz!!!!

Moved to Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion.

As Elise asked, need more information on tank specs and whatnot, but based on what you've said so far it doesn't sound like you can put anything with it.

any idea on the gallons? but that seems pretty big,if the tank is big enough try a big CAE(chinese algea eater). they are some of the toughest,meanest fish i've ever seen

alLexX said:
any idea on the gallons? but that seems pretty big,if the tank is big enough try a big CAE(chinese algea eater). they are some of the toughest,meanest fish i've ever seen

That should be about 180gals. Thats the size i want.

That would have to be one big Chinese Algae Eater...:eek:

Oscars tend to be loner type fish you don't have to put anything in with it.

How big is it?

If you are set on a tankmate.....
You basically need to find a Fish that it can't swallow whole, and tough enough to withstand its aggression.

A Large Firemouth comes to mind...but there are plenty of other options you'll just need to research and see what is available to you.

My Tiger Oscar is the opposite gets bullied all the time by a blood parrot which is an inch smaller than him.

Last Question are you are using Feeder Fish?

That will amp up the aggression in Oscars big time

Back
Top Bottom