Kind of worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

byle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First of all hi everyone as this is my first post in this forum :flowers:

So I am writting from the Netherlands regarding one problem with worms I just had.
Two weeks before I noticed that some strange white thing was laying on the gravel. It was looking like some feces but was completelly white and with some transparent look (it was rolled in a almost perfect circle)

Now I have like 6/7 floating over there all the time and getting sucked by the filter after some time...

here there's a pic of how it looks like (is just next to the mossball)

Anyone knows if this is detritus worm or something worst?
Something to worry about? :)

Thanks a lot in advance!!

------------------------------------------------

Just few info of my tank...

open 15G tank (canister filter, LED lighting)
Weekly water change (30%)
Weekly vacuum (30% of the gravel)
Feeding flakes 1 time per day

1 molly
2 neons
1 gourami
1 zebra angelfish
1 pleco
1 clown loach

It looks like fish poop ?
White fish poop usually indicates some sort of internal parasite???
Have you noticed your fish pooping to know if it is from them?

Hello and welcome! Here’s my best guess! From the photo it does appear to be some sort of detritus worm. It is less worrisome because it’s lying on the gravel and not attached to or coming from one of your fish. You might try skipping a day or two of feeding and then do a thorough job vacuuming, reaching deep into the substrate. I have some of these worms in my guppy tank, and once the guppies discovered them, they chase the gravel vac and quickly devour every worm that is dislodged from the substrate. If you can manage to post some additional photos, I expect some of the experts on this forum will quickly identify the worm and offer appropriate advice.

Back
Top Bottom