Kingkoopas eheim 6gl shrimp tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingKoopa512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, jus recently bought this eheim aquastyle(i think) 6gl tank. Found someone local who has blue dream shrimp so gonna make it a shrimp tank. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe iwugami style. I dont kno about carpet plants, since i wont have co2.
4396a3e80b17efa99d378b94ed4f618b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Nice pickup!
You can do moss as a carpet. It can be secured to a a flat stone or an appropriately sized piece of stainless steel mesh. There are a variety of mosses you can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wish i could get some red moss. Getting some mini xmas moss an flame moss

Gonna follow this since you're kind enough to help me with my 50g build. I've also been thinking about doing a small 10g shrimp/invert build. Would like to learn some from your experiences :)

No problem sumthingfishy anytime. Found it on cl basically brand new. Wed. Is when, ill get the mini xmas moss an flame moss. Maybe some manzinita wood(not spelled right) not sure. Some blue dream shrimp for sure got some on hold maybe, some black rose as well. Not positive on mixing. Not sure on cross breeding.

Following along!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Getting mini xmas moss an flamemoss. Not sure , on what other plants. Busy rest of the day and tom. LFS it is on thursday. ?

UPDATE

Got the tank running cycling with 2 cloud minnows. Used my water from my main tank an some bio balls in the eheim filter. Also got the mini xmas moss an flame moss. Still gonna change somethings around still rough draft ?

Still have to purchase a heater and definitly another light.
9e679e52dfa5397a3c210a4f71b5bc40.jpg

Looks good! Love the stones ?

This chart might help you with compatability. I use it when adding to mine. 1462400246452.jpg

Thanks waters cloudy from adding the sand. Might get rid of the plant in the back left. Going to lfs tom . see they have some crypts or some ferns. Found a red an blue shrimp in my main tank, no clue what it is

WATER PARAMETERS DAY1
PH- 6.5
Amm-.2
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20

You will eventually have to trim the flame moss to keep it tidy. It will continue to grow upward. I have some in my 20g long and it is halfway up the tank (just seeing how it looks untrimmed).
Try junglefowl for red moss. I have some in my shrimp tank and recently moved some to my high tech tank. It has been slowly growing but not sure if it is as healthy as it should be. It's actually an algae and does not take well to Excel/Glut (so I've read). But it offers something different, color wise.

@Fresh2o, so it really is like a "Flame"? I might have to try that as well! Would it work in low/medium light?

Tank looks good, can't wait to see how it progresses!

@Fresh2o, so it really is like a "Flame"? I might have to try that as well! Would it work in low/medium light?

Tank looks good, can't wait to see how it progresses!

It grows straight up. It tolerates trimming so I suppose you could trim and taper as needed to get the look you want. I'm lazy and I want to see if get to the top of my tank. With the shrimp crawling through it, it reminds me of a miniature kelp forest.
It will work in low/medium light. The most I had it grow was in a 20g long, no ferts, and under a single 17w T-8 bulb.

Wow! That would be cool looking shrimp going up and down the flame moss. Got some plants in the tank today but, not sure. What ya think?

Wow! That would be cool looking shrimp going up and down the flame moss. Got some plants in the tank today but, not sure. What ya think?

Just give the moss time to become established (may take a few weeks) and then you should see new growth.
Another plant (actually, it's a type of algae) you might to try I subwassertang. Reminds me of seaweed with its smooth, flat "leaves" and grows in clusters.

36d9e1012503609586569583ad097f34.jpg

Added
1 red crypt (might take out)
1 green baby crypt (might take out)
Java moss
Also thinking of adding a small piece of driftwood. If i find a nice small piece.

Back
Top Bottom