Kissing fish questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen Rollins

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm getting a 55 gallon tank with 4 kissing Fish.

Can someone tell me about them ie what they eat. ... Etc

They are 4 yrs old

tonedogz said:
You can feed them regular dry food along with brine shrimp and lettuce.

Ok.

How big do they get. She said that they are 4 yrs old and about 6 inches Are they full grown ?

They are aggressive fish so you would want to have other fish willing to stand up to these fish.

Four In 55 would most likely kill each other. They won't get larger than 8 inches in captivity. I recommend you only get one and get some other fish instead of the others. My on kisser killed 3 others before I decided to stop buying him friends. And you are talking about kissing gouramis right.

calfishguy said:
Four In 55 would most likely kill each other. They won't get larger than 8 inches in captivity. I recommend you only get one and get some other fish instead of the others. My on kisser killed 3 others before I decided to stop buying him friends. And you are talking about kissing gouramis right.

Yes kissing gouramis. The lady I'm getting the tank has had them 4 together for 3-4 years. I'm getting the 55 gallon tank , stand , filters, light everything for free. She just doesn't have the time nor the money for them and wants them in a good home.

Okay good luck do a 50% water change every week and make sure you have a good filter. I suggest you have a back up plan in case one of them starts to bother the others.

calfishguy said:
Okay good luck do a 50% water change every week and make sure you have a good filter. I suggest you have a back up plan in case one of them starts to bother the others.

Ya. The only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is she also has a 12 year old common pleco in there that is about 12-16 in long. I think he's fully grown but I've seen them reach 2 ft +. He should be in a bigger tank I think! But she said that all five of the fish have been happy the last 4 years ... So I don't know. I'll see what happens I suppose

I suggest that you give the pleco to your lfs most will take them in. Thy are poop machines and should be kept in 125gallon+ aquariums.

I suggest you give him to your lfs most will take them in. They should be kept in 125 gallon tanks.

Sorry my stubborn iPod again.

calfishguy said:
I suggest you give him to your lfs most will take them in. They should be kept in 125 gallon tanks.

Sorry my stubborn iPod again.

I was thinking the same thing but his name is Lloyd and she has had him for 12 years :-(. I'm torn on what to do . I'd feel bad getting rid of him:-(

Back
Top Bottom